My Annie looked bloated???

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by allenslabs, Apr 20, 2005.

1. allenslabs

allenslabs Saanen & Boer Breeder

When I went to milk Annie tonight she looked alittle bloated. I was worried but she used the bathroom twice after milking (this is a ritual.... I milk her.... she poops.... No clue ) and looked normal so maybe she was just plugged up. Not sure what it is. She's been on grass a week at least and I've been feeding her alfalfa. I think it's the alfalfa. It's not real high quality or anything and kinda stemy. But it's what we have so I'm trying to work w/ it.

2. Valmai

Valmai Well-Known Member

If she pooped it is not "bloat". Sometimes their bellies change shape, huge on one side flat on the other.

3. allenslabs

allenslabs Saanen & Boer Breeder

Well she looked perfectly normal this am so who knows what happened last night. She honestly was puffy on both sides and I would push against her and it was soft and went it. I didn't know what to think!!
    Oh well.... and she peed this am too that was nice.! HAHA!! She always has to have SOME sort of bodily function during milk time. Strange cow. haha

4. OD

OD Well-Known Member

We feed out a steer every year, & sometimes they get kinda bloated from eating a lot & not moving around much. When one gets like that, I just get a big stick & make him walk around until he belches a few times. Fixes him right up.