My 3 kids are great

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by paulaswolfpack, Dec 8, 2006.

1. paulaswolfpack

paulaswolfpack Well-Known Member

Well I know one thing for sure my kids are the greatest ever,They know every call I have made for help has been truned down not in our county,not in the city limits,or that one just ended yesterday. but they came up with not opening gifts they know about the cards we will be getting from around the states and have asked me not to open them, they are going to draw letters and who ever gets the letter, that has a mcthing card gets to open the card, my ds 11 is the one who came up with it. isnt that great of them, :angel:

2. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

I don't know the story, but sounds as if you have very good children...

(edited: went and looked up the background for myself. Sorry for your problems.)

Angie

3. A'sta at Hofstead

A'sta at Hofstead Turkey Wrangler

I cannot believe you havent been able to get any help. Do not they hae toys for tots or anything there in MO? Did you try Freecycle? You never told us the number of kids and ages. If I hit the number I would send gifts myself. :)

4. Ninn

Ninn Custom Crochet Queen

You didn't tell them about what's coming from us, did you? That box will be going out within the next 10 days, so there WILL be gifts for under the tree. I wouldn't let them be disappointed after all that work. Even if it's only a few items each, there WILL be christmas for those kids.

5. A'sta at Hofstead

Did I miss something? I just pm'd her to ask if I could send something I can make here at my shop. What are you doing Ninn? I hate to think of kids with no presents Christmas morning :(

6. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

I was just wondering what they are wanting.

I went back and read the posts to find out the ages of the children.

A 22 year old daughter, living in her own trailer of the three. (seems she just had a back operation, also) maybe some puzzle books or something that is easy and doesn't take much moving around.

a 17 year old daughter, and an 11 year old boy.

Just so when we are brainstorming, we have some idea of ages.

Angie

7. Ninn

Ninn Custom Crochet Queen

I got together with some family members to make up a box for her family-my kids are each giving up one gift to her kids. I also went to the local Dollar General and gave them her information-sizes, interests, etc. They will be doing a little shopping for her. I have a hand peiced quilt that I am sending her, as well as christmas cookies and candy, and small stockings for the kids. If someone else could handle walmart gift cards so the kids can get school clothes and such, th at would be great. I have been talking with paula for about a week. I contacted the LDS church in her area, but didn't get very far with them. They are not like my little branch, where we help whoever needs it. I could definitely use help making sure they have a good christmas tho. Anyone else wanna chime in???

8. Snowdancer

Snowdancer Well-Known Member

I'd pm'd Paula this morning! :D

I sent you a pm about 15 min ago, so we don't duplicate stuff and to get info.

I think this is a great way to Share the Christmas Season of Peace & Love. :angel:

9. paulaswolfpack

paulaswolfpack Well-Known Member

My kids are old enough to know that santa is not real and no ninn I did not say anything to them about you, I just said we would be getting lots of cards from many states, thats where they came up with the ideal of waiting to open them on christmas morning so they would have something to open. They know thats its gonna be a bad month,and they know that there are kids worse off then them. My DS 11 put his change in the red kettlle the other nighthe said that he knows that it wolud help out a child that was homeless,my kids have never asked for anything for christmas they just know that they would not get it anyway.Gift cards is all they have ever asked for anyway because they know that they can buy 2-3 outfits instead of 1.
    incase you want to know I have a 22 yearold DD disabled, a 17 yearold DD honerroll, and a 11 year old DS honerroll, and yes help I canot find you have to stay in the county in which you live, and they lady for the angel tree said no, we had a ice strom on the cutoff date they didnot have school from thursday to tuesday,and that is a 70 mile round trip in the ice and snow, and the 4 churches i called said no programs so I did not bother to call any more,I am not a begger and I know my kids understand, but thanks to all,and godbless,paula,h.

10. A'sta at Hofstead

Paula, We are happy to help- sending you a PM.

11. Wildwood Flower

Wildwood Flower Halfway, OR & Wagoner, OK

I live in Oregon part time, and Oklahoma part time
    Paula,

Don't lose heart. Help is on the way!

Those kids are priceless!

Sandy

12. kitty32_z8

kitty32_z8 Well-Known Member

Paula,
    How cool of your kids. I hope thye have a great Christmas they deserve it as they are the trueness of Christmas. My boys weren't that understanding with me. You try to raise them right but you can only do so much you know. I told mine to be thankfull they will get even a couple of things and that their are kids out there who have MUCH less. they weren't rude but were not happy about it.
    Your kids deserve the best!
    Ninn- How cool of your kids to help out and you also! May you blessed for opening your heart for those kids!

13. Melissa

Melissa member

Paula, I hope your family has a nice Christmas. I have a feeling it may be your most memorable one ever, even without a lot of the "trappings." Hang in there, I will keep your family in my prayers.