Mushroom hunting anyone?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Lerxt, Oct 28, 2005.

1. Lerxt

Lerxt Well-Known Member

Big Ol' Mushroom

56lb Sulfer Shelf. And the guy claims the other half of it fell in the creek.

2. Mushroom hunting not very good around here this year. We are behind on rainfall and it is showing. Nearby is road construction going on and everywhere they are digging is just nothing but powdered dirt. I've been traveling the wood quit regularly the past two weeks while deer hunting and I haven't found any mushrooms at all.

3. lgslgs

lgslgs Well-Known Member

We harvested some Chicken of the Woods last night. I'm not a mushroom eater, but hubby sure enjoyed his dinner. :)

We would have had a nice big Hen of the Woods as well but the goats & calf got it first.

We're coming out of a very dry spell and still have a lot of the land that is dry and dusty. But after a week of rain, a few areas are holding moisture and we have all sorts of mushrooms popping up.

Lynda

4. michiganfarmer

michiganfarmer Max Supporter

I have about 12 acres of maples, and I havent found one morral in 15 years. Kinda frustrating

5. bgak47

bgak47 Well-Known Member

I know nothing about harvesting wild mushrooms, but I envy those of you who do!

6. Rick1_

Rick1_ Member

Thats one big mushroom! Thanks for the reminder. I love to pick and eat wild mushrooms, and with the rain the last two weeks there just may be a bumper crop. I'll go back and check the woods today or tomorrow. Picked some "field/pasture mushrooms" last week. They were delicious.
    rick