Muller's Farm and Homesteading Weekend

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Pony, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Pony

Pony STILL not Alice Supporter

What a wonderful time we had visiting Cyndi and Paul, meeting their great family, and learning (almost) all about their fantastic farm!

The Muller's are incredibly welcoming and hospitable folks. What a pleasure it was to meet and spend time with them! Not only are they knowledgeable, they are so eager to teach and share what they have with others.

Cyndi's mom is SO cool! (I forgot her screen name on here, and I hope she'll forgive my senior moment. But I did send you the pics, Carol...)

RCrewofMany was there -- PLUS some more! A really great family, and it was hard to believe they brought 16 children along with them! DH and I enjoyed this family so much, and found conversation with their #1 and #2 sons very uplifting and edifying.

Also met Bwana (who is an excellent singer), and Kathy and Dave (Kathy, forgot your screen name, too. :help: )

So many other people were there, and a couple of folks who may visit us here at Homesteading Today after their visit to Muller's. Great folks, good times!

DH and I agree: We enjoyed a most relaxing and entertaining weekend. From horses to hay, chickens to church service, games and guitars, we will always remember the great weekend we spent with Cyndi and Paul Muller at their Muller's Lane Farm.

Here are some pics (okay, they're not great, but the camera is kind of ... well, at least we got some pictures...):

http://tinyurl.com/r7yhp

Pony!

2. freegal

freegal Well-Known Member Supporter

Enjoyed your photos Pony! Sounds & looks like it was a great weekend!

3. MarleneS

MarleneS Well-Known Member

Thanks Pony for sharing. Sounds and looks like ya'll had a great weekend.

I couldn't help but notice the camp/dutch oven cooking fire pit and setup -- I bet ya'll enjoyed some great food.

It also looks like ya'll had some great weather?

Hugs
    marlene

4. Pony

The food, like the company, was fantastic! Chili, chicken stew, beef stew... mmm... And people brought salads to pass... Starting to feel hungry again... ;)And I have never had cream in my coffee that close to the cow who gave the milk!

The weather was, in a word, sweltering. But the water from the pump was COLD, and there was plenty of shade. Cyndi made some very refreshing ice cream, too!

OH! And it was fun to swing! Made a nice breeze, and it was just pleasant to swing back and forth... I wish the pics of the kids on the swings had turned out. They had so much fun!

So did I. :)

Pony!

5. jnap31

jnap31 garden guy

That sounds so great Pony I sure wish I could have been there with my family also.

6. kaeko2003

kaeko2003 Well-Known Member

Thanks Pony, you are pretty cool yourself!! :) The pics turned out well, glad you posted them. It was a great weekend, hopefully enjoyed by all. I know I met a lot of nice folks. Want to do it again!!!!
    Carol

7. Mullers Lane Farm

Mullers Lane Farm Well-Known Member

It was a blast! Great pics Pony! Thanks!

I'm in your neck of the woods today & tomorrow. I'll give you a call tonight.

Next year we may be a bit more organized .... nah!

8. MTNwomanAR

MTNwomanAR Well-Known Member

Cyndi, Marlene has been trying to get us organized for years now....I think she's finally given up....lost cause ya know..............but we still have fun.......and get to network with other like minded souls..............

9. Pony

ARGH!

Call the house phone... I can't find the cell... (I got ticked at it and shut it off... Now I can't call it to find it!)

I'll p.m. you the house number.

Pony!

10. Bwana

Bwana Well-Known Member

It was a great weekend, wasn't it? Oh, btw..."Wanna" thanks you for the kind compliment! :D

Folks, this was a great time and if any of you can make it, plan to be there next year! Turnout was surprisingly low, although I can understand how the heat could do that. That's OK though, the quality of those who came was top notch. Much was learned and shared by all. Food was great and you couldn't ask for better hosts.

Pony and Paul are both good with the git-fiddle. Paul even got some toes tappin' with his banjo! Pony's good with the guitar but I think she cheats at board games (her and tag-team partner hubby won!) J/K of course!

I was going to include a link to my photobucket album but I can't get some family albums to be private, so I'll have to move a bunch of pics to smugmug or somewhere else. In the meantime, here's a few "freebies";

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh yea, don't let Pony fool ya into thinkin' that the 'burbs aren't part of Chicago! :nerd: J/K again!

Dave

11. Pony

Bwana, those pics are WAY cool! You have a good eye for pics! (Dolly sure seems photo-shy in that one shot though, doesn't she?) Thanks for posting them so people can see how cool it really is at Muller's!

The man's right, folks! Clear your calendars for next year, because a great time will be had by all! :)

BTW, we did not cheat. My brain was just so tired and melted, if I had to play the game alone we would have been there all night! (you're just mad cuz I sent your green marble back!)

Pony!

12. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

Thanks for all the GREAT pics! Looks like what a farm SHOULD be!

13. Pony

Say, Bwana -- did you happen to get a picture of Cyndi's son in his CAP uniform? He looked so sharp! Great kid!

Pony!

14. Bwana

Bwana Well-Known Member

Nope, sorry. He didn't stay in it very long after getting back and I was knee deep in coal-fire, tongs and glowing hot mild steel! :baby04:

Dave

15. Jan Doling

Jan Doling Well-Known Member

Pony:

Thanks for sharing the pics and memories. You look super!

16. MullersLaneFarm

MullersLaneFarm Well-Known Member

Bwana,
    That was a killer chili you brought & I can't believe the cake wasn't from scratch. Your wife is a lucky lady if you cook like that all the time!

17. kesoaps

kesoaps Well-Known Member

Sounds like y'all had a super time! Wish you weren't clean across the county, Cyn!

18. Bwana

Bwana Well-Known Member

Thanks Cyndi,

everything there was great. Your Moms' chicken soup was awesome as was the beef stew and the pasta salad and of course the homemade strawberry ice cream!

Here's some more picks for you viewing enjoyment, folks!

[​IMG]
    Paul raking hay with the team,

[​IMG]
    Either Paul walking Dolly, or Dolly walking Paul in for the evening milking!

[​IMG]
    The torture...er, blacksmith shop!

[​IMG]
    Feeding the new calf,

[​IMG]
    a couple of wagons always look at home around the farm.

Dave

19. Pony

You didn't see the "before" picture. ;)

Unless you confused me with Cyndi or Carol...

Pony!

20. mtnbluet881

mtnbluet881 Well-Known Member

We arrived on Sunday, cause I had to work on Saturday. Enjoyed seeing the honey---got a tip from Mark and Catherine. They have 5 hives on their property that are not theirs, but is maintained by the owner of the hives. Their payment will be a share of the honey, but none of the work! Sounds good to me! :baby04:

Paul and Cyndi are natural born teachers and are always thinking of what next they can share/teach with others. That's the way to learn!

We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I'm even thinking of getting me some peacocks too. Got to be great theft-deterrents. Once any thief comes upon a mysterious screaming sound and some Spanish moss in the trees at night---they will hightail it out of there!

Every farm has got to have a blacksmith! Just think of the uses, from a hatchet that splits kindling wood to all sorts of useful implements :)

We both enjoyed ourselves and Dave says he lost his truckdriver tan to a full tan---both arms are equally red, now ;)

Cyndi and Paul--thanks again.