Mt. Hope Ohio Exotic Livestock Sale?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by QueenB04, Mar 7, 2005.

1. QueenB04

QueenB04 Well-Known Member

Hey everyone,

Spoke with a guy on Sat who told us about this exotic livestock sale/auction in Mt. Hope Ohio scheduled for the last weekend this month or first weekend in April. Anyone familiar with this sale? It's apparently a big deal, 8-10k people come, everything from chickens to giraffes, and amish goods. Let me know, we're very interested in going, haven't hit on anything on the net, so if anyone is familiar with this let me know! Thanks!

2. Mike in Ohio

Mike in Ohio Well-Known Member

I've heard of the exotic animal auction but I've never been to it. The Mt. Hope auction (weekly) is always a good one and the (equipment) consignment auctions are highly regarded as well. You might try contating the Mt. Hope auction directly. Their phone number is 330-674-6188.

Mike

3. QueenB04

QueenB04 Well-Known Member

Mike,
    Hi thanks for the reply. I have only found a little bit on info on it, we were interested in the variety of chickens they have, but there are things such as bear, lions, elk, kangaroo's, emu's, etc. We look forward to just look around, it's an 8 1/2 hr drive from VA but we're looking forward to it if I can get the time off. Just something diff. I appreciate the number, I'm going to give them a call or write for info I found an address too, so we'll see. What's Ohio like, I know nothing about it*l* Thanks!

4. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

Theres also A large sale/auction in Rgers ohio on fridays,if you get 2 ohio check it out.