Moving

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by gemmbp, Aug 28, 2004.

1. gemmbp

gemmbp New Member

Hi!!! Since I am new here I'm not sure where to put this,but I have a question... Is anyone on this board living in Tennesee? My husband is transferring to the Knoxville area,and the house we were going to rent fell through,so now we are stuck with 2 weeks and not much cash. Does anyone know of any fairly cheap property in the Sevierville area? We would love to find an old fixxer-upper.
    Any advice would be appreciated
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Welcome new poster, Iknow nothing of the area you mentioned but dokeep in mind that Monday morning we get a lot of posters whom are not here on the weekends, they are at work when they cheat the boss out of time (!!) and answer then. There are many here from your area whom post often. Take a big breath and relax, it will get better for you now that you are 'plugged in' here. Tell us of your needs, how many BRs, distance to work, ect.

3. Beeman

Beeman Well-Known Member

Sevierville is the tourist area and is very expensive. I don't know how far you are willing to commute but I would look in Jefferson City,Morristown,Dandridge or White Pine which are all east of Knoxville and cheaper.

4. gemmbp

gemmbp New Member

So far no luck,we will have to rent for a while before buying. Since our family situation is kind of strange(we have an extended family) it makes it hard to find housing. But since I happen to like our family unit,I won't change to suit landlords!(yep,I'm a little rebellious) But thanks for the info so far. I will check all the leads you've given me!

5. gemmbp

gemmbp New Member

We are now reaching the desperation stage. DH needs to be in Knoxville to start work on Fri. and we can't find anything,and our landlord expects us to be moved by then. Cannot afford to do both places anyway. We need at least 3 bedrooms. He will be working on the southwest side of Knoxville and we can get up to an hour away from work. Please if anyone has any ideas on rentals let me know. Thanks, Pam

6. CarolinaBound

CarolinaBound Well-Known Member

Geez good luck! My heart goes out to you. The place we were supposed to move to fell through, and we spent from the end of May to start of July in a motel, with breaks to family in between. BLEW our budget, but had noother choice!!!

CarolinaBound!