Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all;

I am soon to retire form the military, and the wife and I will be moving to Maine soon. We plan on looking for acreage to farm and raise livestock, with the ultimate goal of living off grid.

Ive enjoyed reading the posts on this forum, and look forward to enjoying life after the military.

God Bless

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hello and welcome.

If I could convince Manthing, I'd live in Maine in a heartbeat.
He's convinced that nothing exists east of the Mississippi though. Well, that and he seems to think he is allergic to snow!

Keep us updated on your move and home search. It's always so much fun to live vicariously through someone else!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome to the board and soon to Maine! Do you know how much acreage you are looking for and I assume tillable with some pasture space? How the house department? Small, large, build yourself? What area in Maine do you think you would like to be in? Sorry for all the questions!

·
Premium Member
2,965 Posts
bubba42 and ET1 SS: Thank you very much for doing for us that which we are ill-prepared to do for ourselves. (Thank you for your service.) And bubba42, welcome to HT.

Reactions: nosedirt and ET1 SS

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, ET1 SS; we will soon be looking for something similar to the piece of paradise you describe, but will plan on rent in close to Bath. I will have a job there as a subcontractor that hope will give a chance to learn more about the areas available. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, great doula. You assume correctly. I would love to run some livestock ( the Texan in me I guess), but would love to produce maple products as well. The wife is also really interested in bees and honey production. Time will tell. Will be renting for a while until I can learn more about the state and look for the right land.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts