Moving on out--

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Terry W, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Terry W

Terry W Duchess of Cynicism

okay-- the big day is getting closer---

Velvet has lost weight-- but is now eating a lot better, Snippet is fat and sassy, and I am getting ready to get on out to the "unimproved" boonies. To try to make things a bit easier on myself, I got corner litter boxes for thier two cages, and both bunnies seem to be using them. I have managed to collect a lot of extra water bottles, and have enough bottles to freeze, that I can put frozen water bottles in each cage-- three changes a day if it gets real hot. Also laid in a supply of batteries for the little battery operated fans-- I have J clipped the two cages together to stabilze them in here )one on top of the other( and will clip them side by side or back to back when I get them out to the property. need to conserve as much space as possible when I make this move-- Hopefully, I will be able to lay claim to a shed from the freecycle list, and if it is as good as the guy says it is-- it will make for an excellent livestock shed to get things started-- or else save me 75 bucks a month in storage fees!!! depends on the way the roof and door arrangement is built that will decide for me... I need to fatten Velvet up a bit, so that jhen I do get a couple does-- he is ready to do his job-- Looks like I will be educating a few amish neighbors about NAIS in a week or so- they have a desire to go to New York to "learn" what it is about-- But my brother has told them I already know how it will affect their communities-- hmm, they are gonna be surprised-- they may even register to vote!!!

2. Honorine

Honorine Carpe Vinum Supporter

Good luck Terry, keeping my fingers crossed for you. Hope all goes smoothly, its good that your getting away from those lousy neighbors of yours. Wish you were closer, I'd have a doe for you to get you started. I love the Amish, don't care what others say about them. Enjoy your adventure!

3. Terry W

Honorine, where in Pa are you? The Amish are not much different than us-- good ones and bad-- I have been approached to "vet" their animals-- and I am happy to-- if they can improve their livestock health, without it costing them a lot of money, their word of mouth will actually help my intended business grow!!! With Velvetts teeth all trimmed up-- he is chewing his food so well now, I swear I can actually see the weight gain every day-- By the tiome I go get my sheep and guineas in about 14 days or so, I may have to put him on a diet!!! LAst night, I caught him sniffing noses with the Chessie-- funny critters, the whole bunch of them!!!

4. Honorine

Honorine Carpe Vinum Supporter

I'm all the way in NE PA, close to the NJ border. There's a number of shows out near Pittsburgh, you should try to go to one. I love to look at all the different breeds of rabbits. I'm glad your little fellows are doing well. My animals are one of our greatest sources of entertainment, aren't they great to watch?

5. Terry W

Animal watching IS a great way to relax-- research hase even indicated watching goldfish ( how much can person interact with goldfish?) helps a person's overall health. gee, and feeding these guys is a LOT less expensive!!!