Moving Goats Across State Lines

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Tango, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Hi all. I might be moving in a couple of months and need to know what I need to move my goats across state lines. These are just pet goats- not a commercial venture.Will I need to stop at the AG Inpsection points with my goats? Will I need health certificates? Thanks :)

2. SherrieC

SherrieC Well-Known Member

If it's not noticable because they're in the back of your bronco, or station wagon, and your only crossing one state line. I'd just go, do it all the time. However when showing I go to the vets, and she inspects them and give's them a health paper declaring their destination, this costs around $25 plus $1 or $2 per head. And you should stop at ag inspection points vet should be able to tell you where, if You're crossing several states, you'ld better get the papers! :yeeha:

3. Farmgirl2005

Farmgirl2005 Well-Known Member

Where you thinking of movin too. im just curious. I would get papers though and i may call a ag stop to see if you would need too.
    Lyn

4. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Thanks :) I'm moving across two states from Florida through Alabama to Tennessee. They'll be in a livestock trailer so it will be noticable.