Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow. Just wow. I don't think I'd wish my life on anyone. I'm not even going to go into the giant steaming pile of 馃挬 that is the reason I'm moving. Just know that I could fertilize a large acreage!

Who are my SW Missouri peeps?!!!

Guess it was a good thing that my place up there didn't sell.
It's a bit over 1/2 an acre 17 minutes from Springfield and it's all mine! Mine I tell you! 馃檭馃お馃檭馃お

Contemplating a nice nervous breakdown as my summer vacation. Actually I don't have time for it

Premium Member
I'm sorry to hear the place in Mexico didn't work out. At least you still have someplace to go. Does the property in Missouri have a house on it?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't lived in Mexico for a couple of years. Unfortunately because I need specialized medical for my kidney transplant I am stuck in the US. I went to Mexico to visit last November and got to do an emergency flight back to my transplant hospital in San Antonio. Not at all practical to do that very often.
When I moved back to the US to get on the transplant list, I first moved to SW Missouri and bought the property I'm referring to. Drs there dang near killed me. Ended up going out to west Texas to visit friends. I have always loved the Davis mountains. My dream property was for sale so I bought it.
During this time I'd gotten signed up with a transplant hospital in San Antonio.....8 hours away. They told me it would be 3-5 years for a kidney. 2 months later I get the call!!!
Then enters the first year where I am constantly having to drive to San Antonio and stay in a hotel for weeks at a time due to NOTHING going like it should. Just travel and hotels cost me about $20,000 last year.
Put my impractical property up for sale to move home to east Texas.....which is where I am now. There was about 2 months in hotels due to another bout with sepsis and waiting on a double wide to be moved onto my property.
Pant, pant, pant...soooo.
Gorgeous ranch I grew up on here. Grandpa left me part. Plenty of medical care in the area. Unfortunately Papa tried to avoid us having to pay inheritance tax and left all the land in the form of a corporation that we all own shares in. My portion represents 340 acres. Been occupying the sandy hill in the back off and on for at least 10 years.
My no good greedy, back stabbing cousins figured out if they vote together they can over rule me. They had me evicted!!!!! Off of the property I grew up on that my Grandpa left me! The court ruled purely on the fact that it is a corporation.
They waited to have me served with eviction papers until after the double wide was delivered of course. Eviction is a pretty quick process so I am unable to retain an attorney soon enough to fight it.

Premium Member
Dang girl. We have talked about this situation before. I had hoped it was settled by now.

Reactions: TxMex

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dang girl. We have talked about this situation before. I had hoped it was settled by now.
It's just getting started.
I never thought they'd pull something like this. Sneaky underhanded crap like spraying around my beehives. Yep, I expect that.
This is a whole new level of me wanting to polish a courtroom floor with their faces.

newfieannie
yes indeed they do. what a shame for that to happen on top of everything else you have gone through. i hope you can get your own back on them eventually. be thinking of you. ~Georgia

Registered
I think a thread like that would run on with endless stories of bad neighbors and bad family who also happen to be neighbors. Those are always a hoot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts