Moving a Trailer - Help Needed Please

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by bayesoft, Oct 14, 2006.

1. bayesoft

bayesoft Member

Hi Friends,

I'm in desperate need of help to move a trailer in the Charlevoix/East Jordan area of Northern Michigan. I recall that there are some members here in my neck of the woods. My hope is that together we can pool our resources and make this happen.

In the short-term, my finances have all been sunk into the excavation of a building site and creating a suitable driveway. Money is tight here for the moment and I just can't find the money to pay another contractor to move the trailer near to my property.

Myself, Wife and Daughter are staying with my relatives for the winter. We located a free 12'x60' trailer that is in immaculate condition in Charlevoix. The catch is that it has to be moved by the 25th of October (11 Days) at risk of losing it to other interested parties.

The tongue and wheels are on site and have to be attached. Yesterday I removed almost all of the skirting and foam insulation. Later today I am heading out there to finish the prep work for moving it.

I can't stress enough the desperation and urgency that I feel at this moment. If I had a large truck of my own I would pull it myself. I can pay whatever costs are involved but it will be at least another two weeks to a month before I can have the money available. By that time the trailer will be given to someone else. Nobody will work with me on the financial end.

Please help.... An opportunity like this doesn't come along often and without help it will be for naught. Send me a message and I'll respond with whatever info you need.

.../George

2. bayesoft

bayesoft Member

Just wanted to do an update.....

I did get the trailer moved by a company out of Gaylord. Five hundred bucks to move it to a field adjacent to my property (prep work done myself). The truck got stuck and the trailer sat for a few weeks until I hired a bulldozer operator to pull it up the hill.

All totaled; it cost $769 to move it to where it sits now.

My uncle and I jacked up the rear, put it on pads and blocks and removed the tires which were new/borrowed.

I thought spring was here to finish setting the trailer. Boy was I wrong....

3. Jennifer L.

Jennifer L. Well-Known Member Supporter

$769 is pretty cheap for a house, nice deal! I know you've put a lot more into the prep, but it's still a good price, considering what everything costs these days. Yes, spring always seems to drag when you have to do something like move a large piece of equipment!

Jennifer

4. FiddleKat

FiddleKat Mother,Artist, Author Supporter

Wow! $769 that is a really good deal!!
    My dad last year bought a brand new double wide from Clayton Homes and it cost about $10,000 to move it from the dealership 45 min. away to the current location. That cost of course, covered everything moving, setting up etc.