Movie Screening Web Site

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Ltl Ole Me, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Ltl Ole Me

Ltl Ole Me Active Member

Someone had told me of a web site that you could go to and you could put a movie title in and it would tell you why the movie was rated what it was and also all the bad words and how many times it was said in the movie and different contents of that sort. They used it to screen movies before watching it with the family. I can't remember the web address and didn't know if anyone on here had a web site they were willing to share that they use for the same purpose.

2. Pink_Carnation

Pink_Carnation Well-Known Member

http://www.kids-in-mind.com/

This is the site I use. It can ruin parts of the movie with the info but it is very nice to have before letting the kids watch.

3. NWMO

NWMO Well-Known Member

Go to Family.org

On the website, there is a section called "plugged in".....my wife uses it to "preview" movies for our boys.

4. Ltl Ole Me

Ltl Ole Me Active Member

Thanks a bunch for the sites.

5. CountryGoalie

CountryGoalie Well-Known Member

We use PluggedInMag.com and ChristianSpotlight.com

Both come from a Christian point of view. Plugged In actually lists categories on how much (and what type) of violence, drug and alcohol content, swearing, etc. along with their review of it (both aesthetically and morally). Christian Spotlight does not list specifics but usually has a more in-depth review of the moral ideas behind a specific movie, and also has movie reviews dating back to older movies than Plugged In does. They are also more "widespread" in the movies they review, whereas Plugged In lists mostly movies coming out in mainstream theater and on mainstream video.

Hope this helps.