Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
AFKA ZealYouthGuy
11,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are watching (when I say we, I mean... mainly me) "It's a Wonderful Life" (don't ask).

It has ALWAYS bugged me (even though it's realistic) that Potter doesn't get busted and he keeps the money.

What about you? Does it bug you? Do you have any endings that bug you?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
"No Country for Old Men",it ended with bad guy just walking off,given he was banged up,but that was it and the good guy retired.

"It's a Wonderful Life" Is one of my favorite movies.I drive my family crazy because I watch it every year at Christmas.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
"The Notebook",where James Garner dies....he lives in the book, and there's a sequel called "The Wedding".

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
41,192 Posts
"Bridges of Madison County" Had to end that way, but it's rough to watch.

"Lonesome Dove" I never watch the end any more.

·
Premium Member
3,799 Posts
"Pride and Prejudice" - the 2005 version with Keira Knightley. Why oh why did they tack on that horrible barefoot-by-candelight romantic mumbojumbo at the end?!?! Made me gag.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I LOVE Pride and Prejudice! Any version! I actually kind of like the sappy ending of the 2005 version. In general tho, I prefer the 1995 version (Colin Firth!).

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I always hated the ending of Grease. Couldn't he have become more like her instead? As a teenager, it made me furious.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
its a swedish movie..but its called 'faithless' incredible movie..but the end i was like "what??????...no wayyyy"....

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I always figured that George used all the money Sam wired to him as a stake to get started lending money for sub-prime mortgages, bundled them all up and sold them to Potter, which eventually drove Potter out of business. Then him and Mary bought up all of his assetts, pulled Gov't bailout money, going from richest man in town to richest man in the state. His daughter went on to develop a protien based adhesive that allowed flower petals to be reattached and made a fortune in the floral business. The local cop and taxi driver, Burt and Ernie teamed up to develop a line of fuzzy sock puppets, but ended up having the idea swindled away by some PBS kids show. Over all they had wonderful lives. All except Georges Uncle Billy. Turns out he really was skimming money when making bank deposits and was using the proceeds to fund a black market exotic bird import business. It was tragic, the family dosen't like to talk about it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
"there will be blood". the movie was dark, violent, and lacking a cohesive and propelling storyline. i was hoping the end would pull it all together and leave me with something to ponder. it didn't. at all.

·
Registered
203 Posts
It always has bugged me that Potter didn't get his in "It's a wonderful life". It also bothered me that he just took that money, and had no qualms about it. Alfred Hitchcock's "The birds" never made sense to me in the end either. I never understood why the birds went crazy in the first place.

·
Registered
13,303 Posts
Hidalgo, when he tuns the horse loose to be wild with the mustang herd with his shoes flashing in the sun.

·
AFKA ZealYouthGuy
11,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I always figured that George used all the money Sam wired to him as a stake to get started lending money for sub-prime mortgages, bundled them all up and sold them to Potter, which eventually drove Potter out of business. Then him and Mary bought up all of his assetts, pulled Gov't bailout money, going from richest man in town to richest man in the state. His daughter went on to develop a protien based adhesive that allowed flower petals to be reattached and made a fortune in the floral business. The local cop and taxi driver, Burt and Ernie teamed up to develop a line of fuzzy sock puppets, but ended up having the idea swindled away by some PBS kids show. Over all they had wonderful lives. All except Georges Uncle Billy. Turns out he really was skimming money when making bank deposits and was using the proceeds to fund a black market exotic bird import business. It was tragic, the family dosen't like to talk about it.
Excellent, I have to give you kudos. Well played sir, well played.

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
I don't know if this is really a "bugged by it" per se, rather than a question.

In Titanic, at the ending where the old lady "goes back into time and is met with all the Titanic people" my opinion of it is that the old lady has died in her sleep, and she has gone back to her happiest moment in her life.

So my question is, is my opinion correct, or is the ending just the old lady dreaming of being back on Titanic, and she hasn't died?

1 - 20 of 79 Posts