Mounting A genset

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by james dilley, Jun 2, 2006.

1. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

I plan on hooking up A gen set to the Semi, I am going to buy. Any one have any ideas?? I know theres going to be A lot of bouncing while running down the road. I plan on hooking in A add on A/C unit to save on fuel .What are your thoughts??? thanks

2. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

You own the semi?

If so, a GREAT investment is the Rigmaster. The used truck we just bought (a straight truck) (yes I am a glutton for punishment) has one and I think it's GREAT.

The only other thing I would say is find and old generator off of an RV (diesel of course) and just hook it up as it's made for that application.

3. jefferson

jefferson fuzzball in the Cascades

You are going to Mount a GenSet? Ouch!!!

4. tiogacounty

tiogacounty Well-Known Member

see if you can match the AC unit to a Honda EU generator. These are the suitcase style units. Compared to most portable generators they are nearly silent, lightweight and they produce clean power so the can handle computers and stuff. You could keep it in your storage compartment and chain it behind the cab when it's running.

5. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

Keep in mind folks that
    1. you couldn't carry gasoline in your storage bunk as the air circulates into the cab.
    2. Truck drivers have a difficult time getting gas, and diesel is safer when you're sleeping. No CO from diesel.