I lost my little Nubian Elizabeth last night due to Mountain Laurel poisoning. We were anticipating her first babies at the end of March & are so sad. I stayed up with her all night giving her mineral oil and holding her until she died. My nephews came in from out of town and were playing around back of our goat lot. They saw the pretty green leaves and took them to the goats to eat. They didn't know they that this would poison them. Elizabeth lasted about 10 hours after eating it and my other LaMancha goat is still hanging on. She wasn't able to walk all day yesterday but didn't scream out in pain like Elizabeth. She finally got on her feet after 24 hours but is still weak. I'm praying she pulls through. Her babies are due in February. Does anyone know if this will hurt the babies she is carrying? Please advise anyone visiting your goats about the toxic plants in the area.