Mother passed away.

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by hmsteader71, Mar 28, 2006.

1. hmsteader71

hmsteader71 Well-Known Member Supporter

I may get in trouble for posting this but I hope not. Last night about 7:00 my mother passed away after a year-and-a-half struggle with chirrohis. She had never taken a drink in her life, but diabetes and high triglycerides are what caused it. But I just want to tell you how she went. She never wanted to die in a hospital or alone. All of her children were with her and my dad and some grandchildren. She had hospice so she was at home. My brother plays guitar and we all sing, so we sang hymns and choruses and praised God around her. The last song we did, There is a river, she began moving her lips as if she was singing with us and as soon as the song ended, she breathed her last. My mother taught me so much. She was a wonderful mother, role model, friend, woman of God. She is going to be so sorely missed. But I am blessed above all to have had her for 34 years and to know that she is with the Savior whom she loved and served. Praise God! :(
    I might add, that the reason we were amazed that she appeared to be singing with us was that she had been semi-comatose from the night before and was fully comatose at that time.

2. nogreaterjoy8

nogreaterjoy8 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry - praying the Great Comforter gives you peace during this time......

3. Hovey Hollow

Hovey Hollow formerly hovey1716

I am so sorry to hear that. It sounds like you gave her a good sending off. I imagine that is how many people would like to go home.
    You won't get in trouble for posting that here, but have you visited Countryside Families? That is the place that we get together and discuss family related issues, emotions, how our day is going, etc. Come visit sometime, you are surely welcome.

4. Bink

Bink Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for your loss. You guys did right by her. So many die in pain and fear with their loved ones begging them to stay.

Your mother was surrounded by love, and looking forward to her peaceful journey. You did good. :)

5. Kathy in MD

Kathy in MD Well-Known Member Supporter

I am so sorry for you loss, you had a very loving tribute, one that will stay with you forvever.

6. BamaSuzy

BamaSuzy Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss but am so moved by the way you all handled your mother's passing! what a wonderful testimony!

7. Northumberland

Northumberland Well-Known Member

My sympathies are with you and your family. My mother died four years ago to-day so your post really hit home - may God be with you all.

8. Madame

Madame Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm so sorry. My mom died of cancer just over 7 years ago. With 7 children, 2 sisters, and nieces and nephews all helping, she also was able to stay at home and die surrounded by people who loved her.

Your grief will abate in time - but you'll never stop missing her (well...until you meet again in the world to come).

9. crashy

crashy chickaholic goddess

Sorry for your loss......

10. Mrs Katzenchix

Mrs Katzenchix Well-Known Member

What a sweet way to pass. May the Lord bless and comfort you and your family.

11. Rick

Rick Well-Known Member Supporter

Life is brief, ending sometimes in an instant.

What a lovely way to celebrate with you mom!

12. FolioMark

FolioMark In Remembrance

illinois but i have a homestead building in missou
    You have my deepest condolences, but what a lovely memory of your mothers peaceful and joyful passing.

13. Tamar

Tamar Well-Known Member

(((Messianic5)))

Baruch Ha Shem YHWH! Thanks for sharing with us, may you find comfort in your loss in the ONE who comforted her :)

Blessings,
    Tamar

14. coalroadcabin

coalroadcabin Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry for your loss.

15. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

God be with you till you meet again. No more sorrow, no more pain, when through death, there is life to gain.

16. wendys_goats

wendys_goats wendys_goats

I'm so sorry for your loss. May Jesus comfort you and hold you in the palm of his hand.

17. GrannyG

GrannyG Well-Known Member

My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

18. Dixie

Dixie Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm so sorry for your loss.
    I know it is a great comfort to know she's with her Lord and Savior.

19. clamjane

clamjane Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss, I too am praying for God's comfort for you and your family.

20. dragonflyz9C

dragonflyz9C Well-Known Member

It is never easy to loose a loved one. I can only imagine how it must feel to loose a beloved mother. What a wonderful way to leave this world and go home to her Father though. May God bless your family with peace and comfort in knowing that she is no longer in any pain.

Nancy (dragonflyz9C)