Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spring is such a roller coaster. 6 inches of snow a little over a week ago, followed by a 65 degree day, followed by a few days with the high in the 20's....up and down. Yesterday it was 75 degree, today our high will be 45. I believe Mother Nature is off her meds and running wild. :) Still my pups enjoyed a quick dip in the lake and the Trumpeter Swans found the whole sight very intriguing. The ducks not so much, they took flight as soon as they heard the dogs approaching. I'll be glad when we start to green-up. Garden planting in about 7 weeks.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
The last couple of days I had to build a fire in the wood stove because it got down to about 40 at night. The fire hadn't gone completely out by the afternoon when I had to turn on the AC. It was 78 and the sun was beating down on the south side of the house. Net result is I had both the stove and the AC going at the same time. Probably the earliest I have put the AC back in the window.

Don't know if it works with swans but you should google "trolling geese". I used to enjoy giving them conniption fits this time of year.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't know if it works with swans but you should google "trolling geese". I used to enjoy giving them conniption fits this time of year.
I was surprised the Swans actually came so close. Normally as soon as they see me or the dogs, they move to the far side of the lake. Not sure I want to try trolling these two, they are huge. Probably kick my butt. ;)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Been kinda the same thing around here. Chasing, if you call haller at moose chasing off. Just brought our chessy in. She was toe to hoof with a mama n 500 pound calf. We raise meat rabbits n the moose smell the hay.
I try not pressure them. Get the dog in then let them be. They are under a lot of stress already. The snow will be melting n cows will go back into the bush. All good here man

1 - 5 of 5 Posts