mother earth news

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by bob clark, May 30, 2006.

1. bob clark

bob clark A man's man

I would gladly send my last issue of mother earth news to someone that can use it. I am not subscribing anymore. just PM me an addy that you can accept it at. sorry I dont have several,first come first serve.

2. bob clark

bob clark A man's man

it is the april/may 06

its a large issue about homestead planning and tractors

3. Siryet

Siryet In Remembrance

Unfortunately TMEN has gone the money route many years ago. There are those that can afford their ideas but not me but I can see it has a place in the money affected world of high dollar equipment ETC. :rolleyes:

I used to like it when it was a truly back to the earth magazines full of ideas to be able to live off the land with little impact to the land or environment. :)

Just my two cents worth.

4. bob clark

bob clark A man's man

thats why I am not getting it any longer. I gave away the other back issues i had then they sent me another.I think it is my last

5. bob clark

bob clark A man's man

maybe i should put the word free in the title to the thread. then mabe somone would want it

6. donsgal

donsgal Nohoa Homestead

I have mixed emotions about it. There are some good articles about food preservation, etc., but as you say, Siryet, many of the articles are targeted at the consumer driven, psuedo "back to the land" market.

I think they lost the most credibility with me when I saw their full page advertisement in Natural Home and Garden Magazine. The ULTIMATE we-have-so-much-money-we-pay-illegal immigrants-to-mow-our-lawn-but-we-want-to-be-"eco conscious" BS Magazine I have EVER READ. Pleases pick on up if you want a good laugh!

Anyway. I subscribe to MEN because once in a while they do have an article that makes it worth the money. But NOT like it used to be in the 1970s. Nothing like that.

donsgal

7. bob clark

bob clark A man's man

8. Obser

Obser "Mobile Homesteaders"

TMEN forum is quite different from HT. Could somone describe that difference?