Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.............This semi auto 22LR is on sale for $129 , Reg. $179 ! Comes with a threaded barrel..........Does that fact make any difference ? Also has a synthetic stock , I thought I might use it as a Drone anti aircraft shooter . I can put it on layaway for 90 days . , fordy

·
Super Moderator
9,430 Posts
if you ever want to add a can to it to suppress it the threaded barrel makes a difference for 275 dollars there is a adapter that lets you use oil filters as a suppressor the adapter is 75 dollars the tax stamp is 200 and the oil filters are 5-6 dollars each

the 715t T for tackticool

is a 702 plinkster in a tacticool plastic stock to make it look like a ar15 and it has a 25 round magazine

is it worth it , sure adjustable stock , peep sight , 25 round magazine so you can shoot squirrel all day and not relaod sure you just won't find a 22 new for any less

marlin 795 would be my choice for a budget 22lr auto loader in a traditional configuration

I have shot the 702 it was ok , several of the internal parts are plastic in the trigger group but that happens on new 12 ga shotguns also and they seem to be holding up so not that big of a deal , it functioned fine

I suppose the only real downer is that mossberg is not making these in the USA they import them to keep the price point down

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
There are enough reviews of guns on the internet now, probably not questions of whether they are reliable? Or maybe there is regarding who makes the review? I dunno....I've kinda just discovered all of it.

Way different than it used to be. I bought my first 10/22 back in the early seventies. I had heard they were good, but that was based on heresay. I bought it for my dad, he asked me to buy him a good 22, and I wanted to do so. Pa was good with it, and that was the first of four or five that I've bought.

If people say it's good, it probably is. $129 isn't much cost for a singleshot, much less a repeater. I've bought several used guns as barter items,most have turned into much better. But they were private deals.

Hard to pass up good deals, though! If it's justa bit of spending money, burning a hole...I'd gamble on the investment. $129 will not buy much of anything now.

I've passed on some deals involving cheap guns, that I wish I hadn't.

Reactions: fordy

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
.............This semi auto 22LR is on sale for $129 , Reg. $179 ! Comes with a threaded barrel..........Does that fact make any difference ? Also has a synthetic stock , I thought I might use it as a Drone anti aircraft shooter . I can put it on layaway for 90 days . , fordy
Got a link for this price?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts