Moss growing in greenhouse

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by arddunglynfarm, Jun 12, 2006.

1. arddunglynfarm

arddunglynfarm Member

Hi everyone. I have never posted in this forum, only in the livestock forum, but I am hoping someone can give me some advice. I have a plastic covered hoop house that seem to be growing alot of moss and mold. I am ready to start my tomatos again this year and am wondering if I should do something frist. I know it was there during the last year but I also had too many plants in there last year. I suspected the closness of the tomato plants gave the moss a perfect growing medium.(hot & wet)Any thoughts?

2. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Guest

Increasing your ventilation will help a lot. It's too humid inside which allows the mold to start growing. If you can do it without getting it on the plants spray the mold and algae with diluted laundry bleach (about a 10:1 water:bleach ratio) while you have the door and vents open.

.....Alan.

3. WisJim

WisJim Well-Known Member Supporter

Moss typically grows out of the sun, such as the north side of a tree, so maybe too shady where the moss is growing.