morning goat check

Discussion in 'Goats' started by mpillow, Apr 2, 2005.

1. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

Hubby fed the goats on his way to work this morning so I brought them water(and carrots) a little later....
    They are within 10-14 days of delivery so I wanted to feel bellies and boobies to see who is moving along....I have one who is swelling nicely...

Well snuggles all around of course except for the queen of mean but she let me pet her a little...she'll mellow after her kids jump all over her....

Who was the biggest baby? My one year old buck named Ernie(Nub/toggy/alpine). Right up in my lap. I hope to trade him down the road soon...he's done his job(with one doe). Right now he's not stinky so I didnt mind.

Waiting waiting waiting in the rain.....for babies and fresh milk. :boring:

I should be thinking of baby names :)

2. animal_kingdom

animal_kingdom Well-Known Member

I hear ya! It is just pouring here. If I could take my computer out and the rest of the housework...I would be out in the barn counting time between contractions....

All the goats are done kidding but now the sheep are lambing and with the first born of the sheep gaining a pound a day, I'm really anxious to see what else we'll be blessed with this spring!

3. Eunice

Eunice Well-Known Member

The rain is no fun, but a real blessing. Here in the desert, after five years of drought, our valley has flooded three times. January was pretty bad but the other floods have only affected fields and a few roads.
    We are done kidding and lambing in the area is starting. I already have four orphan lambs to feed to extra goat milk to.
    A rainy day sounds like a good time to pick baby names. This year's pile includes: Sesalie (alias Silly), Secil, Blueberry, Huckleberry, Raspberry, Simon for the goats. The lambs so far are Larry, Curly, Moe and Fluffy (alias Eyebrows).
    Have fun!