more twin doelings

Discussion in 'Goats' started by shorty'smom, Feb 24, 2005.

1. shorty'smom

shorty'smom Well-Known Member

not to gloat or anything, one of my best full blood boer does just gave me twin doelings. I'm not sure she's done. I've tried that "bounce" thing. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right or not. Plus, she's not very happy about my doing it. My boers are not handled unless they need medicine or hoof trimming. she tried to bite me when I was dipping the navels of the twins and buttet me twice when I picked them up. I wish some of the Saanens would take a hint from the boers. What good mothers these boers are. The girls are up and nursing like nobody's buisness. Alright!

She's got the umbilical cord still hanging and a fluid filled bubble hanging. I've not seen this bubble thing before without a baby being in it.

2. Shazza

Shazza Well-Known Member Supporter

Congratulations....:) Isn't there a fluid bag before and after the babies? Can't remember..:)

Did she have any more?

3. shorty'smom

shorty'smom Well-Known Member

well, I've seen it come before. At any rate, she passed it and the placenta. I think she's done. Those little cuties have pristine white bodies and are red-headed with a white blaze and nice bulky bodies. they look strong and lustily attack the udder. perfect. These girls are 100 % boer. Replacement does for sure. I wish all does would be as good at mothering as my boer girls. Talk about protective. I just walk over and look at her and babies through the window and she starts to snort and stamp at me, and get her babies behind her.