More Rabbits!

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by JAS, Jun 4, 2005.

1. JAS

JAS Well-Known Member

My daughter and I went to a rabbit show - big mistake :) We came home with two new bunnies :no: . Husband wants to know, "What are you going to do with those?" "Play with them." I innocently replied.

I have all Satins up to this, now my daughter has a chinchilla Mini Lop and I have black Silver Martin (so pretty). I was trying to sway my daugher to get a black Satin, but no go. She wants to start showing in 4-H, so I told her she could pick out one. I on-the-other-hand do not have a good reason, just wanted one. I saw two Champagne D'argent, I want those too, but they did not have any to sell.

Well, I better start building a barn to put my rabbit herd into :rolleyes:

2. sheep tamer

sheep tamer former HT member

How cool that you have the satins...wouldn't
    mind a couple to play with here. We just put
    up one of those Costco carport things, 10x20.
    For the price, it was a quick shelter and have
    seen another breeder use this successfully...
    but I have my doubts about it working well
    unless we fence around it for predators and
    build some wind breaks...wish WE had a big
    old rabbit barn...all the best with your bunnies!

3. rabbitgal

rabbitgal Ex-homesteader

LOL, have had this experience. I raise and show Californians and Creme D'Argents and the very first show we went to, we came back with three more bunnies--Mini Rex and a Dutch. (My father was very surprised, but he did think the Mini Rex fur was cool.) A couple girls came to a show with us and they went home with two (and they already had two bunnies!). Came very close to taking home a black or blue magpie Mini Rex baby at the last show we went to, but my mother kindly reminded me that it wouldn't be worth it for just a pet. It's like an addiction. :rolleyes: