Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Logan has taken a turn for the worse. She is now battling an infection and other problems. Please include her in your prayers today, or send her healing vibes/thoughts!

Update from her online journal this morning:

Logan's sodium levels are low. Apparently, the sodium levels should be around 135 and Logan's is 121. Dr. Johnson told the family that this is serious and listed Logan as critical. Although they are not certain of the cause, the doctor said it could be the result of an injury to the pituitary gland. They are trying to increase her sodium levels but they have to do this very slowly as to avoid further complications. Logan's ICP (intracranial pressure) is elevated but not as high as it has been. They are keeping Logan on the cooling blanket and it seems that they are able to control her temperature.

The doctors also told us that they will be replacing the drain and sensor that monitors ICP sometime over the weekend.

It appears that Logan is going to have a tough few days and the family has requested that there be no visitors over the weekend. We all wish we could do more, but the best thing we can do for Logan is pray. The family is SO thankful for all of your prayers and support over the past week. God Bless you all!

Prayer List:

1. Logan's sodium levels rise slowly over the next couple of days

2. ICP remains in a safe range

3. Protection from infection

·
Administrator
19,226 Posts
Ravenlost, I will certainly keep Logan in my thoughts. My youngest sees a sweet little gal that sustained ugly head injuries a couple years ago when she was struck in a crosswalk and her mother kept a blog through that time. I really do wish she hadn't deleted it because I feel it could give comfort to others but she no longer wants to relive a dark period in their lives. I really do hope that Logan sees the level of recovery that this little gal has seen although she is not without limitations, not that she sees her life as limited in any way. The little gal tells me that the longer they can hang on the greater chance they have of surviving.

·
Registered
732 Posts
We have been through alot of what Logan is going through. I pray for Logan, but pray even harder for her parents to stay strong through this.

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone. It's been a week today since Logan was in the accident.

3sunz...just went and read your son's journal. My heart goes out to him and to you. I hope he is doing well and will remember him in my prayers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts