Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While watching a morning E/I program after returning from breakfast one of the trivia stats stated that over 5 billion people worldwide have cellphones and only about 3 billion own a toothbrush.

Maybe someone will develop an app to use the vibration ringer on a cell phone as a sonic plaque remover while those brushless callers are using their unlimited minutes :rotfl:

·
Registered
14,353 Posts
That does say a lot about humans. However, I won't really despair until more people post on twitter than have access to a toilet.

·
Registered
14,353 Posts
Well, I have read that some ancient people had methods of using mashed ends of sticks for tooth cleaning, so I suppose a lack of manufactured tooth brushes does not nesseccarily mean no teeth cleaning.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Maybe those "savages" know something we don't

But Sally Fallon, president of the Weston A. Price Foundation, a nonprofit nutrition education foundation, tells Mother Nature Network that in traditional societies that have no access to Western foods with processed sugars and white flour, many of these indigenous people have no cavities, and flash smiles with perfect pearly white teeth, even though tooth brushing is rare, (or was rare, depending on the society).

“Within a very short time of forgoing their traditional, native diets, though, cavities become evident,” says Fallon, adding that the next generation of natives who eat processed food will begin to develop crooked teeth.

Read more: http://www.mnn.com/health/fitness-w...f-the-world-brushes-their-teeth#ixzz3IcuOFOOp

I remember a story when they dug up the reamins of the ancient Pompeian s, they had excellent teeth, no cavities. Why? they had not discovered sugar yet.

·
Premium Member
7,590 Posts
I have two toothbrushes and one cellphone.

:)

·
Just howling at the moon
6,586 Posts
DW & I have 2 cellphones but no toothbrush. We have a denture brush for our dentures though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts