More News of the Bizzare

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by mikell, Jan 19, 2005.

1. mikell

mikell Well-Known Member

2. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

Yeah, take away recess, put junk food in the cafeteria and blame the poor kids because they're fat.

3. COUNTRY WISHES

COUNTRY WISHES Well-Known Member

Why is the public school becoming involved in health care? If there is a concearn about a particular student a note could be sent home suggesting that the family doctor be seen. I really do not feel that height and weight should be on there either. In the 5th grade myself and 2 other girld refused to be weighed. We floored the teacher. None of us were ever rebellious. We were not fat only going through puberty before veryone else. So at 120 or so we didn't want that called across the room by the nurse to the teacher in front of the 60 and 70 lbrs we were surronded by.

We got sent to the principal and I was very happy that our parents backed us up. From then on I didn't have that height and weight filled in on my report card.

4. gspig

gspig Well-Known Member

They just want the teachers to be responsible for one more thing that they can't control.

5. Jan Doling

Jan Doling Well-Known Member

My mama always said if they took away all the school buses, they wouldn't need Phys Ed. Of course, now days it is too dangerous for kids to walk anywhere in public and their yards are too small for major exercising.

6. mikell

mikell Well-Known Member

How long will it be before it's called child abuse to be overweight.

mikell