Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My goat Lily has gotten really moody all the time. She is usually a sweet goat but it has gone on for weeks. She is nice to me just horribly mean to my pregnant doe won't let her eat unless I am their watching. What's wrong with her? A heat would have passed by now. She has never been this mean. I don't know what to do.

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
Maybe she is jealous because she is not pregnant? You might need to separate them for a bit. I know how you feel...my Gretta is real mean to my hubby and to my old, deaf, arthritic grandpa dog Shep. Neither of them have any interest in her at all...maybe that's it. Maybe the pregnant goat told her she doesn't need her as a friend anymore becuz she is going to have babies...and that hurt Lily's feelings.

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
are yu saying she missed a heat? maybe shes pregnant then and thus is hormonal :p

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is no possibility she could be pregnant. Buck has been in his own pen and does brought to his pen she was not one of them. She is just REALLY moody.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She just went into heat big time but that would not explain the past weeks of moodiness would it? Her back end was really purple and puffy. She was going crazy over the buck next door and was jerking and pulling like you would not believe to get to him.

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
Sometimes my own "moodiness" can last a couple weeks ;) Sounds like a classic case of PMS to me!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My buck was being a little rough with her I made sure she did not get hurt but her moodiness is gone for the moment. Maybe he set her straight? The other goats just take the bullying from her. I guess he decided he would not have it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts