montana

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by kate, Apr 21, 2005.

1. kate

kate Well-Known Member

hi, anyone living near or in ennis, montana.? can you tell me good things and the not so good things about ennis, for a young family thinking about moving. thanks.

2. Lisa in WA

Lisa in WA Formerly LisainN.Idaho Supporter

Hi Kate, I'm not much help, other than I've been to Ennis, and its a nice town. My wonderful neighbor back in Arizona was from Ennis, and he was trying to figure out how to get back there and still support his wife and kids. Great place, especially if you're fly-fisherpeople. Ooh that was politically correct! :)

3. wy0mn

wy0mn Transplanted RedNeck

4. hollym

hollym Well-Known Member

I lived about 90, I think? miles north of there? It is a nice little town from what I have seen. The Big Hole Valley north of it is beatiful and has some excellent hiking and camping. I loved Montana, and it's people, and I imagine that those in Ennis are similar to those in Whitehall, which is where we were close to.

It's been a while for me, but I remember the negatives being mostly about employment, or the lack thereof, and going a long way for most supplies. Ennis may have grown quite a bit since I was there, it's been nine years!

Good luck!! Blow the Big Hole a kiss for me when you get there!

hollym