Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wearing long ( ankle length) sorta heavy skirts ( Okla. is windy!) often lately and I found a really great website that has nice quality long skirts at a good rate even better if on clearance. I have washed them all many times and they don't fade or shrink :dance: :dance: . I have not tried any of the shirts as they are too long for me but I do wish someone would make shirts longer than they do. :Bawling: :shrug:

www.shukrclothing.com

I have bought several fskirts rom them and even had to return/exchange a few do to sizes but they were really nice and professional. If anyone has any questions let me know.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad you liked it. If you run onto any others let me know. :)

know of any full lenth aprons that wrap around more fully in the back to combat wiping hands on hips? I am looking for a Dr. Quinn apron w/o maybe so much fruu fruu

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Sancraft's daughter has made aprons in the past....I think she contracted with a company to sell them.....or the company needed aprons to sell and so she made some for them.....cant remember the details but the aprons were cute

I am sure that her daughter could (if interested) make some by special order

Rachel

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
The company and tngirl have parted ways. She has made some very nice aprons recently. Give sancraft a pm she can get tngirl to contact wtih you -

Angie

·
Happiness is Homemade
3,511 Posts
YES TnGirl (Sancrafts daughter) made me some BEAUTIFUL aprons!! one garden apron and a matching bucket apron I LOVE them!! Love them love them!! very very well made and the best fabrics I have seen!! she even made a few changes for us "fluffier" gals out there. Great Young lady to work with.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Well smack me and call me Judy! I didn't know Sandra's daughter was still making aprons!!!! She made my girls some VERY lovely ones with matching Pioneer bonnets one year for Christmas. We still use and love them, though they are getting a bit short. Hmmmm......I should see if she can make us another set as Christmas is coming soon enough! :)
God Bless,
MIchele

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
yes tngirl....sorry but I couldnt remember her username.....as for the company...I thought that they parted with dissatisfaction.....

I bet that she could even make one of those skirts for WildernesFamily......

Rachel

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
The skirt would be realitively easy to make, sorta 5 gored skirt, could flare with godets in the gore seams (very today). I'm sure tngirl could make a skirt also, cause those darn aprons she's done for the store were her design and the binding on them took some time for sure.

And she and the store has some difficulties (as sancraft posted here much earlier) but they settled it to each's satisfaction, off line.

Angie

·
proud GRAMMA
2,261 Posts
I have gone to fabric store and gotten patterns for costums for the prarie clothes they had an apron patern in it,, I have made it it is great, it has a full back,, its so nice to wipe hands off on hips habit i have to couldnt find any patterns i like until i see these , made the dresses also out of same pattern out of flannel those are all my flannel night gowns, which ask mt DH I wear yr round not just winter

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
okiemom said:
I have bought several fskirts rom them and even had to return/exchange a few do to sizes but they were really nice and professional. If anyone has any questions let me know.
Nice site. I just wish they listed what the clothes are made of.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Maybe Tngirl could give us her ideas on what she would be willing to make? I know next to nothing about making clothing w/o a pattern but I too would love some skirts similar to the ones shown.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bink, the content is listed on the description thumbnail. I am not sure it shows up though on the full description page. Most of the cotton is 100%cotton, if not it will mention it. The ones I bought were cottons, twills and denim. hope it helps :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.