Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
writing some wrongs
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled upon this last night. Since there are a lot of people with financial difficulties, I thought I'd post the link. It's a site where you can ask for help for your problems - paying med bills, fixing up a house, fixing car, etc. - and people chip in to help. You can apply for a grant up to $1,000. The site is modestneeds.org

Hope it helps someone - looks like a terrific humanitarian idea.

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
It is a great organization,I contribute regularly.I applied for help to get a pair of glasses years ago and got them.

·
Super Mom and College Kid
462 Posts
another good site is wishauponahero.com is alittle smaller and does alot of the same things. Now I know the greatness of modest needs as they helped a lady I knew with a new guide dog harness after her harness was stolen by someone who broke into her home. The guide program she went to makes people buy they're own harness.

white

·
Registered
386 Posts
Modest Needs is a good organization and allows you to choose which request you will support. They verify the facts of the request before they put them on the list.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
The first application I looked at was local to me. It was asking for tires for their truck.

They stated their daughter had to give up dancing lessons for lack of money.

The investigating staff said they were a family of 4 adults, no children, living above poverty level and earning 100% of their income.

In this area, I can buy good used tires, mounted and balanced, for 15.00 each.

It sounds a bit fishy to me.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I would email your concerns to them - it really is a good organization and if there is something fishy they will take care of it.

·
Premium Member
4,844 Posts
The first application I looked at was local to me. It was asking for tires for their truck.

They stated their daughter had to give up dancing lessons for lack of money.

The investigating staff said they were a family of 4 adults, no children, living above poverty level and earning 100% of their income.

In this area, I can buy good used tires, mounted and balanced, for 15.00 each.

It sounds a bit fishy to me.
Yea, I would think there would be some unscrupulous people that would try to take advantage of this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts