Modest cotton briefs

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by copperpennykids, Nov 17, 2006.

1. copperpennykids

copperpennykids Well-Known Member Supporter

Do any of you know where we can purchase some nice basic cotton briefs for young ladies? Used to get them at JCPenney, but now they just have foo foo underwear. Hoping to find some briefs that last more than a few washings too!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. bugstabber

bugstabber Chief cook & weed puller Supporter

Have you tried the JCpenney catalog? They're online too.

3. dagwood

dagwood Well-Known Member

The Missus sez check LL Bean on-line......

4. Lisa in WA

Lisa in WA Well-Known Member Supporter

Limited Too in the Spokane Valley (or Northtown) mall. They have the boy cut which is very modest, basic but they do have cute frogs and things on them. My daughter loves them and there are always some on sale.

5. jer

jer Well-Known Member

Hanes and Fruit of the Loom both make all cotton briefs for toddlers, girls, women and plus size women. They come in pkg. of 3 pair to pkg. of 7 or 8 pair. They last as long as any other cotton ones. I buy mine at WalMart, Kmart or Dollar General.

6. Beaners

Beaners Incubator Addict

If you go back to JCPenney they have one product I have yet to find elsewhere but it's great!! It is a "bikini" style brief...but it really isn't (that's just how it's labeled.) The front and back are normal, but the part holding the sides together is smaller, like the waist band. This isn't stretchy itchy elastic either, it's cotton with the stretch-stuff sewn inside. The seams on the side are right around half an inch, and they are sturdy too!!

They're great for wearing under jeans or heavier winter clothes because the band doesn't bunch up and pinch. It also isn't anything scanty, this is no thong I'm talking about. Nice cotton (I think around 100% but I'm not sure) material that covers your bum. I wish I could find them online but JCP is the only place I've seen them at. They were in packages on a stand with drawers, kind of hidden amongst the gaudy underwear, but the price was always pretty good and they'd last forever.

Kayleigh

7. sullen

sullen Question Answerer

Jockey makes nice white girls briefs. They have many places to buy them....
    The ones at Sam's Club are nice too, if you don't want to have them at your armpits.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Hanes has nice white briefs and you can buy them at most any discount store.

9. Tiffin

Tiffin Well-Known Member

I'm with Sullen. Jockey all the way. I have worn them for years. They come in many styles and types of cloth. They have sport bras too that I like. I buy them at Macys or outlet stores.

10. Audrey

Audrey Well-Known Member

I love Hanes cotton boxer briefs. They are very comfortable (no riding up) and I feel very covered and secure in them under a dress or skirt while still beng stylish and modern.

Audrey

11. MarleneS

MarleneS Well-Known Member

I know my 58 years are showing...but I think when it becomes necessary for your underwear to be fashionable - it should stop being called underwear. Whenever I see some young ladies thong showing I'm tempted to ask them what their point is...I doubt that they would appreciate what I think the point might be...would like to give them the opportunity to prove me wrong. Okay...I vote to call it advertizing wear.

Hugs
    Marlene

12. deaconjim

deaconjim Appalachian American Supporter

Perhaps you should start buying flour in cotton sacks.

13. chicken

chicken Well-Known Member

Yes, Hanes or Fruit of the Loom always at the stores in our area.

14. Fourthistles

Fourthistles Well-Known Member

Decent Exposures in Seattle (do a search for them online) are terrific. They are 100% cotton, the fabric is heavy and lasts through wash after wash. Lots of colors too. I have to have non-latex elastic and I found this company through a search for non-latex underwear. They also have regular elastic if you don't care.

15. paulaswolfpack

paulaswolfpack Well-Known Member

Hanes her way or just my size or fruit of the loom save the package and receipt, if not happy call the brand on pkg they always replace them or your money.

16. sewsilly

sewsilly Well-Known Member

Walmart carries a wonderful quality, long lasting basic brief called "the best fitting panty in the world." It is cotton and lycra, comes in several styles, including a basic brief, in white, tan, black and a number of fun colors, in many sizes. They are $3.97 per pair, and again, quite long lasting, well washing and sturdy. comfy too.

17. mama2littleman

mama2littleman El Paso

hannah andersson carries some great undies, but they are pretty expensive.

Since underwear around here usaully gets replaced every 6 months or so, I tend to buy the Jockeys or hanes for the boys. I am the only girl in the house, so I spend a bit more on myself.

Nikki

18. bugstabber

bugstabber Chief cook & weed puller Supporter

Beaners - They're called hi-cit briefs. They are the greatest invention!

19. Charleen

Charleen www.HarperHillFarm.com Supporter

Hanes Her Way used to make an unbleached 100% cotton brief and they were wonderful, but I can't seem to find the unbleached ones anymore. With our hard water, nothing stays white here.

20. MelissaW

MelissaW Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of the hi-cut briefs. Plenty of coverage, no riding up, but also feminine. I just get the FTL ones at Walmart.