MO/OK get together ?'s

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Hears The Water, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Hears The Water

Hears The Water Well-Known Member Supporter

Hey all, I posted a question a couple of weeks ago but really don't remember what the general answer was. Carla Emery, author of The Encyclopedia of Country Living has penciled us in for Jun 6, the last day of our get togeather. She will be in the area and would love to come and spend the day with us. She will do a couple of presentations, and has free material for us. She does charge $100 to cover travel expenses and will have copies of her book to sell. I need to know if this sounds like something that y'all would like to do. We would all need to chip in $10 - $20 if possible. If this is not feasable, I would need to know soon, as she has e-mailed me needing an aswer. Please let me know what y'all want to do, either way.

Also, I plan to go to Twin Bridges this weekend to reserve the site, I need to know how many of you are thinking that you need brochures, and if any of you will be needing one of the lake cabins. I am pretty sure those are reservable, but the camping sites are not. I am really looking forward to seeing all of you, especially now! Y'all have been such good friends. Let me know what you want to do.
    God bless you and yours
    Debbie

2. I'm going to try to go. I will be pitching a tent and I will try to help you out with the fee for C.E. Do you need the money in advance or when we get there? If we have 10 campers that would only be $10 each. So hopefully there will be at least 10 of us from this area.

3. healing herbals

healing herbals Pam in OK

Debbie,
    we are hosting Carla in Norman, OK and she has a date in Grove, OK (both July).
    But I am going to try to make the gathering this year, and if I do, I will chip in a few dollars.
    It is good to see you posting, I am still praying for you

4. dale

dale Well-Known Member

Where is the Twin Bridges that you are talking about?
    I know in Missouri but there are several places called Twin Bridges so I need to know which location or what hwy.
    Ok
    dale

5. Hears The Water

Hears The Water Well-Known Member Supporter

Hey guys, I posted a link to where Twin Bridges is on the CF room. There just didn't seem to be enough interest in Carla coming, so I think I will drop that for now. I will invite her to stop by as one of us, if she just wants to come and hang out. But we won't expect anything out of her. Her choice. Thanks for your interest, sorry for not keeping on top of this.
    God bless you and yours
    Debbie

6. Snowdancer

Snowdancer Well-Known Member

Wish I could make the get together, but not this year. :waa:

I noticed on the Barter Board that in Carla's post; she said that she didn't charge, just that she needed a place to stay and a meal. :confused:
    I guess she must have changed her pricing since she posted that message. :(