Missouri?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by mwtslf23, Nov 17, 2005.

1. mwtslf23

mwtslf23 Texan in Ohio

Hi,

We are looking at 2 different places to buy in Missouri. One place is located in Marble Hill, MO. and the other place is located in Plato, MO. I was wanting to know if anyone lives near any of these locations that could tell me which is better place to live.

Thank you,
    Mike

2. Ozark-Dew

Ozark-Dew AMDG

we are not too far from plato, there is nothing there. 70 people and a bank? maybe a shed for a post office and an over priced gas station. I do not know how it would be to live there. If you are military affiliated it is not too very far from Fort Wood, which may be a plus. I've never heard of Marble Hill.

3. homebody

homebody Well-Known Member

I have lived on outskirts of MH for about 7 years. You would have to drive about 30 mles to Cape, Jackson or Perryville to work as there isn't much here. Have 2 excellent restaurants, a big grocery store (Country Mart), a library, beauty shops, several banks, 3-4 gas places, several churches, etc. A large number of older retired people here and yes, they do love to gossip. If you need any more info, let me know, or pm me. Good luck in decision. :cowboy:
    Also pop. of this immediate area is about 1,800 ( that's what I've heard )

4. luckysranch

luckysranch Well-Known Member

I live near Plato - beautiful area. I work in Lebanon, my husband works at Ft. Wood. There is a nice country store to the east 5 minutes on 32 in Lynchburg. Or you could go to the Roby gas station for emergency items. Nearest grocery store is Lebanon or Licking. Plato is a big area. What road is the place on?

5. mwtslf23

mwtslf23 Texan in Ohio

The road is off of elder springs, right in the middle of the MT national foorrest. It is literally in the middle of know where.

Mike

6. luckysranch

Is it that nice house with 60 acres? That is a great, secluded area and the price is good. My only concern would be possible loud cannon fire noise from Ft. Wood. The range is at the bottom of the Fort. I am farther away than that house and can hear it, but it is not loud enough to bother me. If it was me I would try to be there during "training time", which is about once a week?? They might have a posted schedule.

Otherwise, that is a very lovely area. There is a small store in Evening Shade with all the essentials.

7. mwtslf23

mwtslf23 Texan in Ohio

Hey Lucky,

It's acrually on white rd. which is off of elder spring rd. It is 322 acres and surrounded on all 4 sides by the MT national forrest. Do you know anything about that place. I do know that a man by the name of Pennington owns it now and has since like 1970.

8. luckysranch

That looks like a really neat place too! Also a good price for the acreage. Sorry I don't know a Pennington.