·
Banned
Been There Done That, Got The T-shirt
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)

·
Registered
851 Posts
Still have plenty of hill billy meth labs in our area.
I'm sure. But the homegrown meth made in small batches, and is only half as evil as the stuff pouring over the border

We brought legal action against the government?
Not sure where you got this from. In their infinticimal wisdom, Congress passed a law restricting purchase of sudafed (a very effective decongestant), thus pushing the drug manufacturing to Mexico where the cartels made it even worse.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
With the open border a wide variety of harmful Mexican imports seems to be pretty widespread. Seems some of it is even spread across this nation by our on our government. Other than possibly some winter time fruit and vegetables I can not thing of much from Mexico that is to our citizens benefit.

·
Banned
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Not sure where you got this from. In their infinticimal wisdom, Congress passed a law restricting purchase of sudafed (a very effective decongestant), thus pushing the drug manufacturing to Mexico where the cartels made it even worse.
Sudafed (sue the Fed).... Joke

·
Registered
20,027 Posts
A place 10 miles from me is about 200 square miles of old growth timber. It makes Copperhead road look like Disneyland. One hwy goes by it. They call it the cartel hwy. If you ever want to commit suicide, just take a walk in there.

I wish they would clean it out.

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
3,270 Posts
It's really simple:

Too many Americans are lazy and unmotivated.

Americans are especially prone to seeing only the near-term future. Lots of youth do not expect to live past about 25 years old. And the rest don't even ponder how long they will live.

Today's Americans want instant happiness and a quick, easy fix for whatever bothers them. Pop a pill, inject some garbage, or smoke a joint and all of your troubles go away.

And they don't have to worry about their food, housing, medical needs, etc. The government will provide whatever they need/want.

Similarly, those few who look at communist countries like North Korea, Cuba, Russia, and China want what they can get NOW. Their long-term future and the future of their children and grandchildren be damned. "A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush", you know.

·
Banned
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
If you ever want to commit suicide, just take a walk in there.
There are a lot of people put there that if you wanted to commit suicide all you would need to do would be to climb their ego and jump to their IQ.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There is a series on YouTube called "The Chosen." They interview addicts and the like. None of them expected that they would be in the predicament that they are in.
When you open the door to sin, in many cases that sin will come with "built in" consequences. As the preacher man says, "It will take you places you don't want to go, keep you there longer than you want to stay, and make you pay more than you want to pay."
Sometimes when you are done with your sin, your sin may NOT be done with YOU.
Yes folks, it is a slippery slope; a journey taken by many who thought that they would only try it once, or maybe just for a weekend.

·
Premium Member
7,162 Posts
I'm almost surprised that there are any meth labs left in America. Mexico does it better and cheaper with the assistance of Chinese pharmaceutical companies. Seizures of meth at the southern border are sometimes over a ton per shipment. And that is just the very small percentage that they are catching.

I suspect that drug addiction has a hereditary component to it, as does alcoholism. Some people get addicted and some people have no interest in drugs at all. Some people turn into alcoholics and some drink frequently but never become an addict. There is a difference in how the different bodies react to the drugs.

·
Premium Member
24,802 Posts
I think the poling was faulty when this was determined. Mena, Arkansas was the worst I've ever seen for cooking meth.
Maybe the worst for cooking, but the quality may not be there. <shrug>

It is a terrible scourge, no matter what.

Reactions: TxMex
21 - 36 of 36 Posts