·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Acta non verba
1,849 Posts
Interesting! I've seen a few other examples in magazines. They usually have pretty nice racks (or lesser specimens are not published).

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Interesting! I've seen a few other examples in magazines. They usually have pretty nice racks (or lesser specimens are not published).
It is a bit sexist to talk about females with nice racks. This is plainly a transgendered deer whose mommy told her it was okay to be a buck.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Wow cool!
In my state, you would probably be in big trouble for shooting a doe, antlered or not. Nevermind that it was an accident and you had no way of telling it was a doe🙄😂

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They usually have pretty nice racks (or lesser specimens are not published).

Could one interpret that in more than one way? ;)

Rats! Poppy beat me to it.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
Wow cool!
In my state, you would probably be in big trouble for shooting a doe, antlered or not. Nevermind that it was an accident and you had no way of telling it was a doe🙄😂
Really? Every tag I’ve ever had (granted I’ve only hunted in six states) said “Antlered” and “Antlerless”, not “Buck” and “Doe”. I think they do it that way to avoid the late fawn issue.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
We don't have any kind of hunting on does here. I looked at some pictures and the older deer tags do not specify sex or antlers. I am not sure of this year's tags but I think they may be the same.

·
Registered
5,206 Posts
About 15 years ago a friend of mine came back to the hunting cabin to get me to help him load up a deer.
What did you get?
Not sure, a doe with some antlers.
No way.
Although it had a few points it was a giant mass that resembled a small head of cauliflower.
Weirdest thing I've seen but it had all the doe plumbing.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I have heard of a number of incidents like this... But never got to see one at arms length..
Indeed not common but an occasional thing..
Still will make a nice mount and life long good story...
Congrats...

·
Shazbot!
5,954 Posts
I saw a 4 point doe killed in Hickman county KY in the early 1990's. I don't remember exactly what year but it was what we call a basket 4 here in eastern NC. Just a nice 4 pointer with a fork on each end but no brow tines.

·
STILL not Alice
22,665 Posts
I have heard of a number of incidents like this... But never got to see one at arms length..
Indeed not common but an occasional thing..
Still will make a nice mount and life long good story...
Congrats...
Especially if the hunter does what our buddy back in IL did: He had the taxidermist mount the rear end in addition to the head/shoulders mount. Hung the front in the living room, and the back end on the shared wall in the kitchen. It was startling to walk in the doorway from LR to kitchen, only to see the back end of Bambi dangling there. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Danaus29
1 - 13 of 13 Posts