Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seemed like I was on the road all day and everywhere I went, they kept crossing the road in front of me. Or I would be driving along and happen to look out in a field and there would be one. Or I would see one trotting along in the woods. Just the other day I was hunting them and couldn't find one if meant saving my life. But this evening when I finally got home, I had one hour to preswade the illusive creature. I quickly changed into some hunting clothes, grabbed my gun, and told my hunting partner "Let's get'em". We loaded up in the jeep and with a quick short drive we're out in the woods. Within 30 minutes we had caught 2 gray squirrels and only let one get away from us. Oh, we had a lot of fun, spot my dog and I. Even if it was for only 1 hour.

I'm hoping in a couple more days we can do a whole lot more hunting for a few days.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Took a couple of the kids squirrel huntin' for about an hour today. Heard 3, saw 2, got a shot at one and missed. :shrug:

Maybe we'll do better next time.

Did get a chance to do a little deer scouting while I was in there. Saw a lot of sign, so that's looking promising.

·
Super Moderator
9,758 Posts
you know how to see squirl every time,

go deer hunting , i have more squirle around when i am deer hunting and have a heck of a time finding them when squirl hunting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts