Missing boy found + one that has been missing for years!!

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by tinetine'sgoat, Jan 12, 2007.

1. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

2. ajharris

ajharris Amanda

Praise the Lord that these boys were found alive!!!!

3. cindyc

cindyc Well-Known Member

Wow! That is just... WOW! Missing since 2002... I can't imagine...

Cindyc.

4. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Lord!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

big rockpile

5. mama2littleman

mama2littleman El Paso

Miracles really do happen! Thank God!

Nikki

6. momlaffsalot

momlaffsalot Well-Known Member

Oh wow! Amazing! I can't imagine what that boy has gone through for 4 years though. And the other one who went missing the other day, well I cried over him just this morning. Wonderful, wonderful news.

7. Mr. Dot

Mr. Dot Well-Known Member

Holy cow! Shawn has been found alive. Wow.

8. largentdepoche

largentdepoche Well-Known Member

Poor babies, I'm so glad they're found alive though!

God is good, and he'll help them through readjustment.

Kat

9. AR Cattails

AR Cattails Well-Known Member Supporter

This is the best news ever. You think that when a child goes missing like that, it's not going to end well. And now this. Praise God! Twice over!

10. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

They have said now that the man who had them was a sex offender who had not registered where he is living now. :Bawling: They were going to serve a warrant to him and a neighbor tipped them off that his truck looked like the one that someone had seen around the time the other boy was abducted. I can't imagine the parents joy tonight though!!

11. betty modin

betty modin Well-Known Member

I agree that the prayers should now be for the families as the children readjust. No matter WHAT happened to them, it will be hard for them to 'normal' again. I work with children who have been through trauma like this-as a teacher in a special school- and I see how hard it is for them to 'get over it'. So glad they've been found-their parents must be dancing for sure! betty

12. Becca65

Becca65 Well-Known Member

Ohh thats wonderful!!! I'm so glad they found him and another little boy.. well he's 15 now!! sad to think what might of happened to them though!! or what happened while they were with this guy!!

13. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

Oh! Praise God! In this horrible world, when this sort of thing often turns out horribly, it is indeed a miracle that these boys were found!

Wow... Prayers that the families recover and heal from this whole nightmare.

Rejoicing with those who rejoice,
    Pony!

14. Tracy Rimmer

Tracy Rimmer CF, Classroom & Books Mod Supporter

I remember we had a member here who brought Shawn to our attention some years back -- I believe his family were members of her church. We all prayed for him to be found.

I only hope that both young men are WELL as well as alive. I don't even want to imagine what they've been through.

The man who did this ought to be shot in the town common, and they ought to televise it as a warning to others.

15. patnewmex

patnewmex Jane of all trades

How about hung, drawn and quartered in the town square????? Just an idea. After the tar and feathering and spending a month in the stocks. Being shot would be way to human a punishment for him. (Not that I believe in the death penalty or anything, but sex offenders are the worst of the worst of humanity.)

16. MOgal

MOgal Well-Known Member Supporter

This makes you think about life terms without parole for ALL sex offenders. I don't believe any amount of therapy, chemical or physical castration, what have you, will make these monsters safe to travel society's streets again. As far as the failing to register with the state of Missouri, I wonder if this wouldn't be a case for a GPS implant and/or tattoo to indicate his criminal history in plain sight of all whom this man meets.

When I heard about Ben, the first thing I thought of was the closeness of the abductions and the boys' ages. Thank God these boys are alive.

17. MOJILL

MOJILL Well-Known Member

I heard about this on the way home from the store.

My husband knows the Hornbecks from a couple years ago when a girl disappeared here in Lincoln County, MO. That family has been very active in all missing children cases in the area.

They never gave up hope.

When I got in the house I tried to tell my mother the good news - - but had trouble through the tears.

I'm just overwhelmed by this incredable news!

Thank you God.

Jill

18. Nan

Nan Well-Known Member

I remember the Hornbeck case very very well! I remember us all praying together on here that he would be found alive! I am so glad that they were found! I know it will be a long time for them both to recuperate....and especially Shawn...but for him to be alive after 4 years shows how tough a young man he is!!! May the Lord be with them as they heal! An AMAZING story!!!

19. Tonya

Tonya Guest

Now we need to find Heather Kilorn, Bianca Piper, and Christopher (Last name escapes me-he's a medically fragile kid who they think his Dad killed.) If they could find my cousin who disappeared from northern IL 16 years ago, I'd be thrilled!

These boys were being kept just 1.9 miles from my house. It's just driven home to my boys why I want them to stick together and/or always have a dog with them.

20. Cashs Cowgirl

Cashs Cowgirl Well-Known Member Supporter

There are two sets of parents that are truely happy and relieved their boys were found and I'm so happy for them...my heart/prayers go out for the many others who are still looking and wondering...