Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was listed by Century Real Estate. I thought that once a property was listed by one company, all companys would find it on their radar. Appairantly not, as MY realtor didn't say anything bout it when I called her.

·
Premium Member
41,028 Posts
Do you have any idea how many properties there are listed by all the various real estate companies? Millions! It would be virtually impossible to keep track of every listing out there. Real estate agents do share information with each other in hopes of finding that sale... but realistically it was always difficult enough to keep up with what our own office had listed... much less every other listing held by other companies in our area.

·
Premium Member
25,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BUT I thought they had a way of keeping up with localized listings, ESPECIALLY since theres hardly ANYTHING being listed up there now. I havnt got a listing for a property from my agent who is with Berkshire Hathaway, now, in at or near a month.

·
Premium Member
25,223 Posts
Find a new agent. Yes, there is an MLS service which realtors go through and they can find most stuff listed with the service in a few minutes. It's not too difficult for the average person to do it either since it's now on the 'net instead of those thick books.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Bill, you have the Internet so if you want to see what is available in a certain area just type in : lebanon mo homes for sale or whatever city you want to look at. It will bring up numerous websites to choose from, I use realtor.com. I look at properties online all the time for the lebanon area. If you see a property that you are interested in write down the MLS number for the property and call your realtor to set up a showing for you or you can call the realtor that has the listing. You know what you are looking for and can get on it right away. They usually have pictures of the house and property and most times even give directions on how to get to the property if you'd want to do a drive by on your own to see if it's worth checking into further.

·
Premium Member
25,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Round about Vera, Nowata, Chelsea, Ramona, Collnsville, Oologah area. 7+ Acres, at least 5 acres plowable, WITHOUT rock/trees, steep slopes. house has to pass inspection

·
Registered
560 Posts
Call the realtor often I have seen contracts fall thru all the way up to the day of closing, the worst thing that could happen is they do actually close the deal

·
Banned
8,092 Posts
The 'key' words here Bill, is due diligence. As in, the buyer has the
ultimate responsibility of keeping on top of things that they have
an interest in. Who's going to have the most vested interest in
the property? You or your representing agent? Get off your duff
and start doing the main work so that he/she won't feel like there
really isn't much point in it, as you're always asking for this or that.
You do have access to a computer and appear to be able to use it....
then do so. Either that, or accept the fact that you're going to have
find someone else to put up with the wishy-washy "potential" clients.

Reactions: mnn2501
1 - 16 of 16 Posts