Homesteading Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
I love boobies
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Carry yes, use no, according to the NPS regulations.
It's good to hear that they aren't stupid enough to challenge the Right to Keep and Bearing of Arms. That would be a clear infringement.

As to the right to self defense, it's like a few years ago when I had repeated moron tourists criminal trespassing on my property and I hung a funny (not serious) sign below my "No trespassing" sign. The sign said "trespassers consent to being raped" I had no intention of raping anyone and just wanted my rights respected. However, by the Yellowstone park logic, if a trespasser was raped it was all okeydoke.

·
I love boobies
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
And I'm sick of this Not in my Backyard BS. There are too damn many wolves and grizzlies in Montana! Those whiny beeches who want them protected can have a bunch, in their backyards and city parks. I don't pretend to know how to regulate gang crime in the city, if only city slickers were that smart

·
Registered
185 Posts
If all things being equal and the percentages are so close...I give the edge to the firearm. I dont have to send a 400 grain out of my 454 and worry the wind will blow it back into my own face. Ive also seen grown men take CS gas and Pepper spray and still whoop up on 2 cops etc. I tend to think grizzlies are just a hair meaner and tougher than drunk Joe

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
I once was doing battle with a behemoth of a drunk man and peppered him in the face. He took the can out of my hand and sprayed himself in the mouth. We continued to do battle for a few seconds more before he had trouble breathing and such. I was getting ready to end the battle by other means at that point.

·
Premium Member
7,215 Posts
Carry yes, use no, according to the NPS regulations.
A case of: I would prefer to pay the fine for shooting an endangered species over being a bear's dinner.

As far as Yellowstone goes, it is not a place where I would go hiking or camping in the back woods. There are too many bears and the bears have been trained to not respect humans, and worse, they have learned to think of humans as a food source,

·
Premium Member
34,246 Posts
I had no intention of raping anyone and just wanted my rights respected. However, by the Yellowstone park logic, if a trespasser was raped it was all okeydoke.
Question, would you have been able to rape them if they hit you with a face full of pepper spray?

Seriously though, I get what you mean. Pepper or bear spray has about a 15 to 20 foot range max. Bullets go a whole lot further. I don't know how quickly a charging bear changes direction once it gets hit with pepper spray. I have heard that even a well placed hit into a charging bear doesn't stop it immediately.

You can argue that your right to self defense is absolute. I know people who have found that exercising that right can be horribly expensive.

·
Super Moderator
11,307 Posts
You can argue that your right to self defense is absolute. I know people who have found that exercising that right can be horribly expensive.
well if you don't exercise it , it tends to be incredibly expensive , one they use bad law against you the other your a cripple or dead.

carry both if you get time to deploy the can great if not you had it , you would have used it or did use it but it was inefective or the wind was in your face so you had to deploy the gun

·
Registered
185 Posts
Carry everywhere! Piss on GovCo, protect yourself and others around you!
Its like some educators I know will not admit to packing or having one at least in their vehicle or locked up in their room because theyll be fired etc. But they figure that if something bad goes down theyll take their chances trying to protect kids and or eliminate the threat.

·
Registered
16,627 Posts
My neighbor brought over his wood chipper this afternoon and told me he was traveling to a bad area in Mexico the first of next year and will be staying for about 10 days. He will be armed. I asked him how he would be explaining to the Policia that he shot a bad guy with a gun he carried across the border.
He replied, "I won't be shooting him with my gun, I'll take his."

21 - 40 of 40 Posts