Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i have a few sheeps and one of the sheep was pregnant, for the first time for about 3 months now, but sadly since yesterday she went into some kind of labour and in the evening, i could see she still had placenta sticking to her bottom but no sign of lamb. I am thinking she probably had miscarriage. I want to know if its a common or rare problems in sheep and how i can make sure it don't happen in the future.
Regards.

·
Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....?
79,019 Posts
It's not all that unusual. There can be many causes, so check her closely for any symptoms of illness, and try to find the fetus and any afterbirth for burial.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi... weird thing is that the fetus is still sticking to her bottom since yesterday. She seems well and is grazing as usual but the whole placenta/fetus won't come out. What should i do, should i pull it out or give her more time.??

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hi... weird thing is that the fetus is still sticking to her bottom since yesterday. She seems well and is grazing as usual but the whole placenta/fetus won't come out. What should i do, should i pull it out or give her more time.??
Get out as soon as you can if you wait you will loose the Ewes! As it will rot inside.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts