·
If I need a Shelter
21,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
If I need a Shelter
21,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How did she get out there? I heard something in the report about an accident...do you know, Rocky?
From what I understand the Horse spooked and she was throwed from the Carraige.They went to look for her with no luck.

Woman this morning found her in a ditch half mile away.

big rockpile

·
Metal melter
7,152 Posts
Well, whatever happened, I sure am glad that she was found. It sure seems odd that they knew where she was but couldn't find her.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
The Good Lord sent an angel to watch :angel: over her. I'm glad she was found safe.

·
Registered
526 Posts
That doesn't make sense, how in the world could you not find a small child when you knew where she fell out? This kind of stuff rips my guts out, 10 hours to find her and she was only 1/2 mile from where she fell on the same road? Where were they looking in the next county?

·
Metal melter
7,152 Posts
That doesn't make sense, how in the world could you not find a small child when you knew where she fell out? This kind of stuff rips my guts out, 10 hours to find her and she was only 1/2 mile from where she fell on the same road? Where were they looking in the next county?
That's what I keep wondering. It just makes it sound like they dumped her like an un-wanted dog.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
It makes me wonder that since the horse spooked and took off it wasn't maybe a case of "we think we know where she got bumped out" I know when riding my bike at just 18 mph I've dropped something and it took a long time to find. I also wonder if maybe the little one got knocked out for a bit and that's why she didn't respond. Of course if she was knocked out then she would be getting cold and when coming to it's possible she was too cold to yell for help or answer rescuers that may have been close. Also being scared would have not made her answer as well.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Folks,
You need to understand this child was in dark clothing and at night in the country not on a lighted city street, this happen about 8 miles from my farm. The ditches are deep and the weeds are tall you could loose an automobile in some of them.

As far as 1/2 mile it could have been a lot less and they still could have walked over her in the dark or daylight it was a rugged area.

The Amish are very family mined people and love their children, people searched all night.

This area is much like the areas big rockpile talks about were they find those dead bodies.

Glenn

1 - 16 of 16 Posts