Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Kat -- Looks really nice! I'll have to get FK to try some of those frugal recipes. Hope the site gets lots of hits! :dance:

Steve

·
Mother,Artist, Author
3,532 Posts
Kat thank you so much for posting that website! I love it!!
I also enjoyed reading your piece about Bearing Fruit, and you've brought up a good point!!

Kat

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FiddleKat said:
Kat thank you so much for posting that website! I love it!!
I also enjoyed reading your piece about Bearing Fruit, and you've brought up a good point!!

Kat
Sure, I'm glad you liked it! :)

Thanks! I was asked too many times about why I've not had kids yet lol. My Uncle said I'd better get started, 22 is too old not to have kids. :shrug: LOL!

I'd better go find my walker LOL.

Kat

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I too liked that article. I get the opposite Kat, asking me if I am DONE. Ugh.
Why do people feel this isn't private? NEver fails, aleast once a week a complete stranger will say 'Your kids are cute. So five.....your done now right?' DH always takes the chance to shock them by saying....'Five is such an uneven number....16 sounds better.' LOL
God Bless,
Michele

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
largentdepoche said:
Sure, I'm glad you liked it! :)

Thanks! I was asked too many times about why I've not had kids yet lol. My Uncle said I'd better get started, 22 is too old not to have kids. :shrug: LOL!

I'd better go find my walker LOL.

Kat
Kat, I like the article you wrote about not having children. My oldest daughter and her husband both are infertile. Yep, no hope of any biological children. Yet, she is still asked (age 43) things like "How long have you and ? been married. Ya'll mean you're not ever gonna have any kids?" Or "Well, I guess you just waited until it was too late and now you won't have any kids." Makes me want to hit somebody. LOL I know my daughter well enough to see the pain in her face when she is asked a "stupid" question like this. She is a teacher and there have been people rude enough to say to her "I guess after you deal with other people's kids all day, you don't want any of your own." Rudeness knows no boundaries.

Good article. I should copy it and send it to our local paper. Maybe it would make people stop and think before they speak. Then again some people are just stupid and some people does do stupid real well. :p There's probably not anything that would help them in that case.

Thanks.

southrngardngal-Jan

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MicheleMomof4 said:
I too liked that article. I get the opposite Kat, asking me if I am DONE. Ugh.
Why do people feel this isn't private? NEver fails, aleast once a week a complete stranger will say 'Your kids are cute. So five.....your done now right?' DH always takes the chance to shock them by saying....'Five is such an uneven number....16 sounds better.' LOL
God Bless,
Michele
Thanks! :)

I can imagine thats just as aggravating to be asked. I am amazed at how many people wig out out bathroom humor but they'll ask all sorts of questions related to reproductive parts ??? :shrug:

LOL! I love your husband's reponse :D

Katrina

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
southrngardngal said:
Kat, I like the article you wrote about not having children. My oldest daughter and her husband both are infertile. Yep, no hope of any biological children. Yet, she is still asked (age 43) things like "How long have you and ? been married. Ya'll mean you're not ever gonna have any kids?" Or "Well, I guess you just waited until it was too late and now you won't have any kids." Makes me want to hit somebody. LOL I know my daughter well enough to see the pain in her face when she is asked a "stupid" question like this. She is a teacher and there have been people rude enough to say to her "I guess after you deal with other people's kids all day, you don't want any of your own." Rudeness knows no boundaries.

Good article. I should copy it and send it to our local paper. Maybe it would make people stop and think before they speak. Then again some people are just stupid and some people does do stupid real well. :p There's probably not anything that would help them in that case.

Thanks.

southrngardngal-Jan
Thanks! :)

I can understand totally. I have known couples that can't have children and it is just heartbreaking for them. I can imagine people asking that, my sister is a teacher and she gets the same thing.

My favorite is this one lady my sister worked with. She never liked me (why I have no clue) but she said, "You had a baby?". Nope, this weight here is pure brownies and cheesey poofs LOL. My sister laid into her pretty well..no complaints here :D.

If you want to copy and send it to the paper, that's fine by me! I wish I could print it on a t-shirt when I go back to GA. I could just point and not have to answer lol. LOL! My dad said when I moved to Finland, "You'll find stupid is the world around.". That was good advice lol.

Kat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts