Minicows popular pets

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by Monte Sano, Aug 10, 2006.

1. jeff caldwell

jeff caldwell Well-Known Member

2. Rouen

Rouen Well-Known Member

Jeff, is the chondrodysplasia gene running rampant in minis?

3. 6e

6e Farm lovin wife Supporter

Jeff:
    About how big do your mini's average, height wise and weight wise? I thought mini cattle might be fun as I don't have the space for full size cattle, but might get away with a few mini's around.

4. jeff caldwell

jeff caldwell Well-Known Member

we have a few that are 34 to 38 inch. and then we have a breed that we are breeding down they are around 42 to 44 inches now and breeding them to a 38 inch bull. these cattle are the piney wood breed and they are very colorful with horn growth like the longhorn. if i knew how to post a picture i would post a picture of a calf. we have raise regular cattle for 30 years and my wife decided she wanted a mini well before we knew it these mini's was making more clear money that our herd of big cattle. we sold all of our big cattle and gone all mini's and now with the piney wood breed we will be adding a lot of color to our herd. we was running 40 head of mini cows till about a month ago and pick out our best 12 head and sold the rest. we will be buying some more piney wood and breeding them down. we offer semen for sale out of a red/white paint zebu bull.

5. arabian knight

arabian knight Miniature Horse lover Supporter

Yes and someday I am going to get a mini Jersey and make a pet of of him. Would be cool to do so. The Jersey steers I raise now can be considered pets~! All halter broke and so tame that they would follow me into the house if I would let them.

Check out this message board just fopr the miniature cattle.

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/MiniatureCattle/