Miniature Dairy Goats

Discussion in 'Goats' started by FaithfulAcres, Jan 16, 2005.

1. FaithfulAcres

FaithfulAcres New Member

[/FONT]
    I was wondering who was out there doing miniature goat breeds that is on this forum ? I raise miniature Nubians currently and am thinking on getting a few more breeds of the mini's myself to raise here on our farm in New York. I have a girl who can transport for me in good weather anywhere up and down the east coast, she is from south GA. I would love to get to know anyone who is doing them already or who is wanting to do the mini breeds of dairy goats, nigerian and full sized breeders of goats also.
    Blessings,
    Linda Finn​

2. Sondra Peterson

Sondra Peterson Well-Known Member

Hi I raise mini LaMancha's and love them. Would love to have mini Nubians too but can't afford to buy any Nubians now.

3. Freeholder

Freeholder Well-Known Member

I have Kinders, though I don't know if they are actually miniatures. I'm in Oregon, though, so not very close to you.

Kathleen

4. HilltopDaisy

HilltopDaisy Well-Known Member Supporter

I have Nigerian Dwarf wethers as pets, and one doe who is NubianXNigerian Dwarf. I'm in Broome County, north of Binghamton. I am not as interested in breeding as I am in adopting pets for myself :) ! Where are you located?

5. JennyM

JennyM Member

I also love the minis. I breed NDs but last year I had 2 Nubians given to me & a couple of months ago aquired 2 Saanen doelings (maybe they're Sables since they are beginning to show a little color now). I seem to be the goat rescue for southern Utah! I've bred the 2 Nubians to my ND buck & am so excited to see what the kids will be like. One doe is due in 2 weeks & the other a month later. I've read that the mini-Nubians are good milkers & so will value any input from you all with more experience. Of course, it will be a while before I'll be milking any does I get from these 2 Nubians, but the big girls milk sure will come in handy. I love the ND milk for my cheese making but it's just not a lot of it so hope to keep up the quality & improve the output by combining the 2 breeds. Also, is anyone breeding mini Saanens? I'll be trying that next, I guess.

I look forward to any info you all have to share. And I'll keep you posted as to how my girls do with their kiddings.

Jenny

6. moonspinner

moonspinner Well-Known Member

Hi there!
    I breed nigerians in western NY. Glad to meet you! Nigies are my passion and if you need a nice quality buck (or doe) for your breeding program, I have seven does from good bloodlines bred for the upcoming season. Always glad to find other mini breeders in NYS! My website is: www.angelfire.com/moon2/moonspinner

7. Laura Workman

Laura Workman (formerly Laura Jensen) Supporter

Hi, I'm not too close to New York (Washington State), but I have Mini-Oberhasli and Mini-Manchas, as well as a couple of Nigerian Dwarfs. I can't get over the minis as milkers! Wonderful milk, and so far I've had great production and very respectable lactations on my minis.