Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mini rex has sore hocks and bare pads even thou I had a E-Z Mat in his cage and the bottom of the wire is 1/2" x 1" with the 1/2" side up. Is there anything else that I can do for them. Also I was wanting to show them Oct. 6 do you think that they will be ready by then?

Thanks
S Rabbit Girl

·
Premium Member
11,103 Posts
You could keep the rabbit on litter - pine shavings or straw - instead of on wire. It makes a bit more work for you keeping its cage cleaned out, but it would be a lot easier on his hocks and footpads.

·
Registered
11,427 Posts
My rex doe came with sore hocks and I put a pine board in her cage. I also trim her nails very carefully every 2 weeks, the rex rabbits grow nails twice as fast as other rabbits. I think this was the cause of my does problem.
I also wash her feet with a mild soap and put some ointment on them. Nothing special just first aide cream.
Trimming nails and keeping the feet clean are very important.
I bought the doe at a show and I was suprised they let the previous owner show her with such long nails.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.