Mini Nubian?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by TxCloverAngel, Jul 8, 2005.

1. TxCloverAngel

TxCloverAngel Happiness is Homemade

Hi again! I have been looking for a good multi purpose goat for my family... as my other post says :) I was reading through Countryside Mag, and saw ads for Mini Nubians. How great!!

Anybody know anything about them? Any imput would be great!

still looking for some great goats in the extended Houston area :)

2. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

If I am right ,They have the darwf blood in them the same as the full size Nubians do ,I would think They would just have more darwf in there makeup thats all I can figure. hope I am right.

3. RedneckWoman

RedneckWoman Well-Known Member

4. Laura Workman

Laura Workman (formerly Laura Jensen) Supporter

The MDGA site (link above) is kind of messed up, though. They used to be on geocities.com, but moved to their own domain fairly recently. Many of the links for the buttons still point to geocities, so they won't open. All you have to do is look at the bottom of your screen and see what the last bit of the link is, for example, "/photoalbum" and type that onto the end of the www.miniaturedairygoats.com/ . Then the links will work and you'll be able to look around. A pain, I know, but it's really a growing pain and will subside before long. :)

5. tatanka

tatanka Well-Known Member

We have mini Nubians. They are a cross between a Nigerian Dwarf and a full size Nubian. They look like Nubians but are smaller. They have all the same qualities as Nubians just easier to handle due to the smaller size. We love our herd. They milk really well with a higher butter fat because of the cross. We drink nothing but goats milk and make cheese, butter yogurt, kefir, etc. from the milk. If you have any more questions just let me know.

Marla

6. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

I have mini nubians also, I love them , they are wonderful. I think that they are so cute, and they are gentle, and easy to handle. Ilove the milk also. it is all that we drink. I raise them. I have a small herd of full size, and a mini nubian herd, just starting. and they are doing very well.