"mini Nubian" (full blood and registerable)

Discussion in 'Goats' started by motdaugrnds, Jan 14, 2005.

1. motdaugrnds

motdaugrnds II Corinthians 5:7 Supporter

Well I messed up my original post about this by forgetting to login. Sorry.

This little goal stands about 2 ft. high, is a beautiful silver color with 4 black stockings. We still call her "baby" in that she was bottle fed the first few weeks of her life and has bonded more with people than the goat herd. (She will even sleep with the dog if we let her.)

I understand there are goat people who are interested in mini Nubians; thus, am posting about her here as we can always use extra cash (and we sure don't need a "mascot" around the farm. Her pedigree is:

DAM: Starr Hill Roman's Midnight (very large, heavy milker out of the Fra-Jac's Lord Alginon bloodline) Her sire is our herd buck Roman.

SIRE: *B Chateau Briant SO-Gay Roman (Yes, we line-bred Midnight.) who is extra large, brown color with black ring around neck and 4 black stockings. He throws silver in that we have alot of silver kids each year from him. Roman's Dam was GCH Chateau Briants' Gayleen 5*M; granddam was GCH Chateau Briants' Pastel Gold 3*M; sire was GCH++*B Kismet Marvin's Smooth Operator.

We are situated in the Commonwealth of Virginia if there is an interest.

2. daisymae joanie

daisymae joanie Active Member

sent you a pm.

3. motdaugrnds

Got it and replied. :)

4. FaithfulAcres

FaithfulAcres New Member

Your goat sounds interesting, I assume she is a first gen mini nubian doe ?
    How did you decide to breed the mini's and is she MDGA registerable ?
    What is your asking price for this doe and do you have a photo you can share of her ? We began raising the mini nubians in the spring of 2002 and have been working on them ever since. We have gotten up to 4th gen stock and this year I am breeding for 75/25% minis, they are due March 1-25th, 2005. Looking forward to hearing back from you.
    Blessings
    Linda

5. motdaugrnds

Linda, I know nothing about mini goats. My entire herd is extra large except for one doe I kept from the Winter Frost line. "Baby" was totally unexpected out of a breeding between two of my largest (Midnight and Roman). She simply has never grown. (Since both her dam and sire are registered Nubians, I suspect she is registerable with ADGA. Registerable with MDGA? I have no idea. She can be seen at http://motdaugrnds.250free.com/homestead/goats/Baby

6. motdaugrnds

Well, I am being told mini nubians make great pets and are expensive.

With the genetics of this one (and the way it has bonded with people and my dogs), it seems I have something special.

Since people keep asking me the price and where I live, I will answer here. I live in Virginia about 25 miles northeast of Danville (about 10 miles east of state road #29). Since my family has no means of shipping and the buyer would have to either come after her or pay all shipping charges, I think a fair purchase price for "Baby" might be $500.00. I would appreciate opinions about this as I truly know nothing about mini nubians.