minerals two

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Farmgirl2005, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Farmgirl2005

Farmgirl2005 Well-Known Member

hey yall,
    I know that this question has been answered just recently, but i wanted to know about little ones. I am hopefully getting two fainting babies they will be 8 weeks old, and am wondering what i can do about minerals. I was going to put a mineral and salt block in their shed, but is that okay and if not what should i give them too. If that is okay is there anything else that i should give them. Oh and one more thing, tractor supply sells these goat and sheep tubs full of minerals would that be better rather than the other stuff. Please help.
    I would Greatly appericateit. Gosh i love this forum.
    Lyn

2. Wendy

Wendy Well-Known Member

Do not buy anything labeled for goats & sheep. Goats need copper & sheep can not have a lot of copper, so anything labeled for both is not going to have enough copper in it for your goats. A good loose mineral mix would be much better than a block. Goats have a hard time getting what they need from a block. I use a loose dairy cattle mix. Also keep out baking soda free choice.

3. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

get purnia goat minerials. thye are a loose mineral, I use mine as a top dressing for all grain.that way I know that they are getting it. IF I leave it out in a pan, well, I just never know, and the dogs, get into it. so I put on top of grain at milking, and I knowthat they have had their minerails for the day.