Million Dollar Trailer

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by FolioMark, Jul 18, 2005.

1. FolioMark

FolioMark In Remembrance

illinois but i have a homestead building in missou
    For all you folks that worry about depreciation on your mobile homes take a look at this copied from Netscape News. Of course Location, Location, Location. :rock:

Click to learn more...

You Won't Believe What Costs $1 Million!

If you think real estate prices in your neighborhood are unreal, you haven't seen anything yet. In Malibu, Calif., a mobile home has just gone on the market for an eye-popping, heart-stopping $1.4 million. By comparison, the average price of a trailer in 2004 was $60,000.

USA Today reports that the two-bedroom, two-bathroom trailer isn't even the most expensive one out there. Another one is in escrow for $1.8 million and yet another lists for $2.7 million. For a trailer! Zip across the country to Key West, Fla., and you'll pay about a half-million for a trailer. The Malibu trailers aren't your typical run-down double-wides. They're in a gated and guarded community with tennis courts that command amazing panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean.

But even after you shell out all that money, you still don't own the land on which the trailer sits and have to pay rent to the trailer park proprietor. That will cost you $3,000 and change in Malibu. Since you don't own the land, you can't get a mortgage. Be prepared to pay cash or get a personal property loan. Warning: Such loans top out at $100,000.

London's Telegraph newspaper has even taken note of the trend, calling the million dollar trailer "a tarted-up garden shed with extra plumbing."

2. pcdreams

pcdreams Well-Known Member

Yuck, no thanks. It's not that I have anything against trailers. But I Would be absolutely miserable in a gated community with all their regulations.

Oh and even 60k for a trailer is a bit much. IMHO

They say there's a sucker born every second...

3. ThreeJane

ThreeJane Me Love Your Face

Not only is the trailer over a million, but the space rent alone is $2700 a month.

A month!

4. sullen

sullen Question Answerer

GAWD and I thought Maine was expensive! :walk:

5. Gary in ohio

Gary in ohio Well-Known Member Supporter

There has to be a joke in there somewhere. What does a Redneck lottery winner get?

A million dollar trailer!!!!