Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AFKA ZealYouthGuy
11,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amy and I stopped at Miller Country Store today. It's located on 474 just west of Panama.

It's a relatively new store, the owners are wonderful people and sell bulk.

You can order 50lb bags of wheat or whatever also.

They are a general store with all kinds of stuff, books, toys, etc. No electricity of course, no credit cards.

They have vacuum packed yeast blocks (16oz) good for at least 2 years storage for 2.39.

Nice store, check it out.

·
Premium Member
2,835 Posts
If you have children, and if you're in the area this summer, you might enjoy investigating Panama Rocks by Panama NY.
It's a neat place with enormous rocks and boulders. They are huge; some as large as rooms. They are fun to climb on. Others have paths around and between them. When we were there some years ago our sons had a ball.
You could probably get info on the internet if you're interested.
One caveat would be, I suppose, watch out, as there might be places children could fall. Nevertheless, it's an interesting and fun outing for your family.

Stef

p.s. another great family trip is up to Glen(ns ?) Falls New York. There are car races that take place, but what we loved was the hike up the gorge where there were the magnificent waterfalls.
Then you could just go on to Corning NY and find the Corning Glass Museum. Fascinating, awe inspiring displays of glass in all its evolutions from thick and grainy to the finest artwork prepared for heads of state.
Okay...I just planned your summer for you. :D
You're welcome. LOL!!

·
donnam
266 Posts
There is a Miller's Country Store near here and it's great. The owners are Mennonite and they have bulk purchasing and wonderful prices. It's near Gettysburg, in New Oxford on Route 30. Love the place!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Thanks Bob..we will check it out. Do you happen to know how much the 50 lb bags of wheat were?

Stef..We have been planning for years to go to Panama Rocks but now that our boys are older I think this will be the summer for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts